10. 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙢

Começar do início

"Love, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Klaus's teasing voice filled her ear. "First day nerves?"

"Why are they still with me? And why does Thomas have to follow me, even at school?" Imelda fired off. "Do you know how embarrassing this is going to be?"

Klaus laughed her worry off. "Now, now, Love. I couldn't leave you unprotected. Think of dear Thomas as a lost puppy and you're his new master."

"That is a horrible way to think." Imelda blinked though she got the gist of it. "What about Stefan? Don't you think you're stretching him a bit to thin with making him look after me and Elena?"

"Oh, I forgot." Klaus's tone shifted to one of annoyance. "You and Stefan made up, rather quickly if you ask me. How did burying Iris go?"

Imelda ground her teeth. "You know what, Klaus?" She heard him hum and with a smirk, she hung up on him.

~~~~~

"Today's our anniversary." Elena's somber voice met Imelda's ears. "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"Tragic." Imelda cut Caroline off, standing next to Elena and ignoring their shocked expressions. "My sister's currently stashed away in the morgue and her spirit's pissed off, for whatever reason, and is now refusing to speak to me."

"First day's suck." Caroline threw her hands in the air. She glanced over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes at a human dressed in a three-piece black suit. He had a buzz cut, dark hollow looking eyes and stood at a frightening 6'5.

"Thomas." Imelda saw her staring. "It's been a long summer but looks like we're friends again."

"We never stopped being friends." Bonnie finally spoke up as the first bell rang, sending students into a bit more of a rush to cross the campus and enter the school.

Imelda shrugged. "High school changed all of us. And it's looking like you know what has brought us back. Let's get to class, we'll swap war stories at lunch."

Without anything else to offer, Imelda carried on forward, offering half smiles and quick waves to people who called out to her in greeting.

She could feel Thomas staring at her, each time she looked over her shoulder he would be there, a few feet away. She was thankful for that bit of luck. Her new phone vibrated in her pocket, keeping her from entering her first class.

Rather she moved off to the side and answered it as Thomas moved and stood in front of her. Surprisingly, Thomas tailing her kept everyone from stopping her and trying to talk. With a shake of her head she blindly answered her phone.

"Imelda?" Rebekah's voice was pitched and highly annoyed.

"If you're ignoring me because you're mad I hurt you, I swear I didn't mean it. I don't want to hurt you, you're my friend, my sister now please tell me why the hell you're not here and I feel so alone?"

Imelda rolled her eyes. "How are you alone if you're with your dick of a brother?" She moved further from the class room and darted into an empty one. Thomas apparently guarded the door.

"He left me!" Rebekah shouted. "You left me!"

"I'm at school, Rebekah. I told you where I would be today." Imelda paused. "What do you mean he left you? Are you still in Mystic Falls?"

Rebekah sniffled. "Yes. And now I'm stuck boarding with Stefan and his rude brother Damon. I don't want to be here. Can't I be where you are?"