Mental War

Prince Wilhelm looked over the food, it was not something he wouldeat but it would be an absolute delicacy for her. It would fill herbelly, while a normal prisoner would be fed only enough to keep themalive, not enough to ever satisfy them. If one had tried toassassinate a member of the royal family, much less the heir?! Well,she had already seen what would be fed to her.

There would be no way to convince her this is what was being fed to anormal prisoner. But that wasn't too big a deal, she would have toknow that she was getting preferential treatment because she was aMaker. That wouldn't be too big a deal, especially considering thatwhat he was planning would keep him getting what he wanted.

He would not touch her, but he would still break her down. Normallyhe wouldn't think about doing this in any situation. But who couldever see a situation like this? If she hadn't tried to kill him, hewould have tried to tempt her to him, but it would be only withoffering her things not by what he would do that. If she wasn't aMaker he'd have already given her a court day and she would be killedby the end of the fortnight.

Picking up the tray that held some dark bread, asparagus, and therefuse cuts of meat with a glass of water. It wasn't the softestwhite bread, sugar snapped peas, the finest cut of any meat shewished, with a dessert of flaming orange pudding, lemon cakes, orwhatever she wanted, perhaps even chocolate when she did aparticularly good job, with a drink of the sweetest juice and mostdelicious wine.

Picking up the tray he began carrying it to her new cell. He had hermoved from the dungeon to a cell in a tower. He made the rule thatnone can go near there, he would be the only one she would see, hear,or smell.

She would hear no voices even outside her door, no sound of footstepsexcept his own and it would lead to him entering the room. She wasfeisty enough that it would not break her down mentally. It wouldmake her need him.

He entered the room after climbing the two stories and entered thedoor holding the tray. The woman, who he still did not have the nameof , looked up from where she had been sitting. While the cell wasbasic it was a palace compared to her...former lodgings.

There was one window but it was too high up for any human to grab andwas too small for anyone bigger then a child to slip through. Theywere so high up the fall would kill her anyway. The room had a simplebed that was big enough for a single person and was far from theirdowny filled bed instead filled with straw but it was better thenbefore from a small thin cot. With a blanket, sheet, and pillow!There was a small room divider for her to preserve her modesty, ofcourse no one would go into the room but himself and he wouldn't doanything but he couldn't discount the possibility of him coming upand her not being able to cover herself quickly enough. Plus it wouldgive her some calm. There was also a chamber pot, a small basin withwater and a linen to wash herself and a little table with a chair.

It was currently where she was sitting with her head in her hands.

"What's the matter, do you not like your lodgings?" He asked asshe glanced up at him glaring and he smirked carrying the tray overgently setting it down in front of her. "Enjoy your dinner." Hesmiled and paused acting like the thought had just come to himinstead of him already having thought of it.

"You can call me 'Assassin'." She answered and he let out aguawff.

"More like a failed one." He blinked surprised as for just amoment her full lips quirked in a smirk. But it was so quick hewasn't sure that he had actually said it. "How about a normal name?Ciara? Mary? Lily?" He offered waiting for her to speak a name andshe looked up at him blinking slowly.

"You don't remember, do you?" She asked and he felt like ice hadbeen thrown over him. Didn't remember? You don't remember, do you?How many times had he heard that? How often had he thought about it?Of course it had been years since he last had thought of it, outsideof those dreams that are mostly just memories.

You don'tremember, do you? I said we meet at noon exactly Wilhelm! I have togo do my chores now!

You don'tremember, do you? Nate wasn't feeling good, now he's worse. W-Willy,he's sick really sick.

You don'tremember, do you? My favorite color is yellow.

You don'tremember, do you? You're my bestest friend! Forever and ever Willy,nothing will change that. Prince or no prince.

With the eyes, hair, light freckles, creamy pale skin, and...

"Fine. Call me Natasha." She said and it relaxed him, if itwas...no, she never would. But if she had said her name was somethingsimilar like Emily or Jemma, or even Emma he wouldn't have been ableto go on. Of course he was being stupid.

His childhood friend would never do that.

"But you are so stupid. Have you forgotten?" She didn't look atthe food he had set in front of her, she stood so she could easierlook in his eyes. He kept on his guard even if she had no way to doanything to harm him. He wouldn't allow himself to put his safety indanger as he knew better then to mess with a Maker of any kind, notone as powerful as her.

"Forgotten what?"

"How many have come to you begging for help? In the last year? Lastmonth? Last fortnight?" She asked and frowned as he growled, "howmany have you helped?" She asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Is that what it is about?" He asked shocked, such astupid selfish reason...

"That you make the entire kingdom suffer so that you and yourfriends can live in the lap of luxury?" She asked glaring at himand he blinked.

"So, you were born of the lower classes?" He asked and sheblinked before chuckling.

"Or just one not wanting everyone to suffer so they can livewithout working." She pointed out being confident he would believeit. He could never know who she was. She couldn't put her olderbrother in danger.

Especially when he only joined because of her.

This was so muchfun to see who Wilhelm is so far, I am enjoying the mental warfarebetween the him and Emma.