Baz and Locke

Amber immediately called her friends. As she had expected, Baz was first to arrive. His pelt glinted in the early morning light. Baz was from the stars, his pelt was like the night sky, if it was liquified, put in a bottle and tuned into paint then put on a fox, but still the stars.
'You called us, the vampires have returned, show.' His echoing voice wove through the air like spiders silk. Amber felt reassured to hear him, and held the newspaper article out towards him. A swathe of darkness dragged from his paws and held the paper towards him. The magic of the stars. 'Interesting, I knew Mary, she had a foot in the dark world  and a foot out here, she probably brought the white teeth upon herself with witchcraft.'   His voice wrapped around her.
'You think? I once saw the inside of her house, all that dark energy just waiting to bring hell to her doorstep. Why did it take a year for her to rise?' Amber couldn't hide the excitement in her voice. She had mourned this, the puzzles, the problems. She was a detective, and, when bored was dull and distinctively less eager to do anything.
'Before you get so exited Am, can I have a drink? I could kill some of that cinnamon cocoa you have.' The voice was feminine but rough. The voice was Locke's'. Amber grinned and hurled her arms around her friends neck, feeling the familiar shape of Locke's metal feather pendant bracelet digging into her back. God it was good to be with her friends. 'Cinnamon cocoa sounds like a great idea, and so does going inside, this fog is freezing!'

Ambers home soon began to fill with the warm smell of cinnamon and chocolate. It was a smell that Amber always associated with her mother, before... before the accident that landed her mother in jail. Before her uncle had risen and killed her father, and before her mother had let the blame be placed on her. Now Bax and Lock were all she had. She brought two mugs and a bowl to the table, and poured the thick, brown liquid.

Short I know. Please comment on how I could improve. I like feedback.