She took a step closer to me and I hugged her. I knew I'd miss her, but I couldn't understand why Monty had left without saying anything. As we broke apart, I looked at Jasper, I could feel my eyes about to tear up; he might not have realized, but I cared for him, a lot, and not only because Sam would have done just about anything for him, but because I knew Jasper was good.

- "May we meet again." –I spoke, fighting the tears and the sadness in my voice, really wishing it'd be true.

- "We won't."

- "Whatever the hell you want."

I shook my head, it was getting harder not to get emotional. He simply laughed and moved to hug me. I couldn't believe I was leaving him behind. It felt wrong.

- "I'm glad Sam's not here." –he confessed as he moved away- "This would have been too hard." –he moved his hands to his eyes, before the tears could fall- "Will you tell her that I love her and that... that I'm terribly glad she agreed to be my friend?" –his voice was shaky as he spoke, almost a murmur as he finished- "I'm so thankful she was in that dropship... I wouldn't have made it this far without her." -a quiet chuckle escaped his mouth.

- "I will." –I nodded profusely, a tear falling down my cheek- "She loves you so much, Jasper, and I know she's your first friend from Earth," –I chuckled softly- "but you're so much more to her, you're family."

- "She's my family too." –I could see the tears in his eyes as he smiled- "Thank you, Bellamy."

     Sam pulled me inside the elevator as soon as it opened, placing her finger over her lips, motioning me to stay quiet

     Sam pulled me inside the elevator as soon as it opened, placing her finger over her lips, motioning me to stay quiet. I nodded even if I had no idea what this was all about. We needed that bunker; this couldn't be our end.

We got down on the first level, moving to the room just above the street that crossed Polis so that we could see our people arrive. Sam remained silent, standing on the broken balcony, just in front of where there was no barrier, her feet right on the edge. It had always fascinated me, how Sam seemed not to fear anything. I watched as she closed her eyes as the wind pick up, raising her arms and smiling. But we didn't have time for this, so I walked toward her, standing at the door of the balcony.

- "What are you thinking, Sam?"

- "Do you trust me to do what's best for us?" -I hesitated; I didn't know what she was thinking, even less now that she was Azgeda- "You don't? Fine." –she didn't seem hurt by my skepticism- "Can you try now, at least?" –I nodded as she turned to look at me- "I need you to choose a fighter for Skaikru. I know you'd never choose yourself,  but in case the thought crosses your head, no, it can't be you."

- "And then what? They die as soon as the fight starts? And why not me."

- "They won't die." –Sam shook her head, turning back to the street- "If you go out there, they'll hunt you down."