Chapter One: The Journey

"Don't you have anything better to do with your life except draining on my money! You good for nothing pain ",says Buxim as he slaps Troy hard on his head ,"Bb..but father I am clearing out the animal skins as you told me", Troy replies,"Well you better should if you don't want your body swimming with the fishes", he says as he kicks him and leaves the room. Buxim is Troy's father he is a big 6.4 ft tall man who still looks very strong for any other person his age, he had green eyes, white hair and a small beard, he was almost 65 years which was eldest someone had been in our village considering that most of our men die fighting or due to diseases.Buxim had seven sons and so can say he had one too many, he blamed Troy for the death of his wife claiming him as a cursed child, same goes with his second wife and even though she was a little sister of Troy's mother and Troy's aunt and had no sympathy for him what so ever.

"Ooe... Come with us we're going for the catch", comes a voice from behind, it's Troy's elder brother Aedil," I can't father told me to clear these skins", ,"Well he is going to kill you anyways if he finds that you said no to me", Troy looks up and say to himself ,"Why mee uuhg!", ,"what did you say?" Aedil screams outside the door," Nothing I am coming just wait for me by the bay, I'ill be there in a moment".

Later that day Troy went to the bay as he said. Troy and his elder brother Aedil and his two younger brothers Laeder and Methew took their boat out in the open sea to catch some fishes for later porpose for that winter was about to come. Although the sea was not frozen solid but the water was icy cold. Aedil and Laeder sat on the boat doing nothing while Troy and Methew did all the work when they got to the open ocean Troy threw the net and then they waited for the fish to come, after a while the net got full and Troy asked Laeder to help him pull it up. Laeder was Troy's step brother,he was only three years younger than him and at the time was seventeen, he was shorter than Aedil and Troy and had a big black beard, Troy and him never got along well together, Laeder's hate for him was always driven by his mother as she had thought him to always be unfaithful to him, he never missed any opportunity to stab him in the back and so he also did it this day, as Troy was pulling out the net Laeder intentionally bumped hard on him, knowing that Troy was not a good swimmer and the surface of the boat is slippery and that if he falls he will die, what he had intended had happened and Troy fell off the boat, he struggles hard to come up but fails and while he drowns he sees the faces of his brothers standing still and training their faces away from helping him.

As right minded human we spend most of our life thinking about our past, present and future, thinking about all the things we had done, what we could do, what we could have done most of us always end up hating the feeling of being helpless but none more than a person dieing before his age.

As he slowly moved towards his end, he saw nothing but his memories thinking on his own,"I imagine it's over now. This is how I end. Maybe it's... it's better this way. Now they can all be happy without me...", and he closed his eyes.

"Wake up Troy.. come on wake up ", he hears a voice. He slowly opens his eyes and sees nothing but darkness, he finds him self no where, there's nothing there but darkness as far as his eyes can see.

"Where am I? What is this place? ",but then remembers drowning in the sea and wonders ,"Am I dead ?"

"A little bit",someone says to him from behind, he quickly turns around and sees a beautiful little girl around four to five years old standing next to him ,"Who... Who are you ?", he says astonished "Does it matter ?" she replies to him with a smile ,"I.. I ...What are you doing here? What is this place?" ,"I am here to save you from drowning since your own brothers wouldn't help you, someone has to ", "Wha..t I don't understand you are just a child. How ca...n youu? Where have you brought me ?" Troy stands confused "This place you're in.. is your mind. you fainted while you were drowning but you can wake up now you're safe ", "My mind? Wake up? I don't understa...".

"uuhhgg! Huhh.hh... hu ", troy wakes up breathing heavily on the shore only a few miles away from his home ,"What in the heavens ? I'm alive ? The girl. Where is she she ? Where did she go ?.. Who was she ?" he keeps on mumbling.

"Is that you Troy? You're alive ? Fatherrr... I found Troy ", comes a girl shouting from behind ,"What Troy .. but didn't he drown?" ,"I guess not father ".

It's Sumbalina and her father Mr.Bakins. They are his relatives and cousins.

"Troy my child.Are you fine ?" asks Mr.Bakins but no reply comes from Troy instead he keeps mumbling on his own ,"Father.. I think he has gone crazy, don't you ?" ,"Nonsense! The boy is just traumatized. Come on lets get him to our home", "Why not to his home ?" ,"Are you seriously asking that or have you forgotten his reputation in his family?", "Sorry didn't think of that ".

They take troy to their home made him sit near the fire and give him hot porridge to help him warm up. "Are you okay my boy ?" Mr.Bakins asks "Yes I am. Thank you! I better go now or... Well you know my father ".

Back in his home Aedil, Laeder and Methew had brought home some bad news to their father, while no one else seemed to care Buxim seemed to be in a shock. I guess no matter how much you hate your child you never actually want them to die.

To be continued.. sorry for late posting I only write when I have some free time