Chapter 5

I awoke to the feeling of sunlight on my face, from where it was streaming in through the window. I sat up with a smile, stretching luxuriously, before slipping off the bed, reaching down and grabbing my robe and pulling it on. The smell of bacon wafted up from the kitchen, which confused me, until I walked down and saw the note stuck to the plate: Dinner at my place, 7pm? :)

I couldn't help but smile, taking a piece of the bacon and chewing it thoughtfully whilst looking at the note. Gaxthe was in the lounge, sniffing intently at something on my carpet. I blinked, wrinkling my nose and looking down at my fingers. They were dusted with a fine black powder, that smelled a little like smoke. I frowned, before shrugging and continuing to eat, humming and flipping through the magazine on the table.

6PM:

I sat in my chair, towel-drying my hair and playing loud music from my laptop that was sitting on my desk. I walked to the closet in my underwear, humming along with P!nk as she sang something about being a rockstar and having her rock moves. Plucking out a cute red shirt, I looked in the mirror, holding the top up and deciding if it looked alright. My phone suddenly rang on the bed, and I stepped over to it, using my other hand to turn down the music as I held it up to my ear. It was a number that I didn't know, and an equally unrecognisable voice. 

"Don't wear the red one." The line went dead.

I froze, blinking, slowly moving to pull the shutter down over my window. Goosebumps rose along my arms and back, and I set the phone down on the bed with a soft thump. I  dropped the red shirt, moving towards the closet again, my eyes flitting nervously around the room as I picked up another shirt; this one was blue with small wooden buttons over the front. My phone rang again. I wanted so badly to just leave it - to ignore it and turn my music up again - but the thought of someone watching me was too much. I tapped the answer button with my thumb, totally silent as I listened.

"That's better. Now wear those brown boots and those jeans that you wore to the park the other day."

"...How long have you been watching me-..."

My only answer was a dry crackling sound. The person had hung up. 

Getting dressed - rather unconciously- into the outfit that the guy had suggested, I began rapidly brushing my hair, determined to get out of the house as soon as possible. But the last call was the most disconcerting. The phone rang once more, and I snatched it up, almost dropping it as I held it to my cheek. 

"Stop stealing my lunch."

I felt a sudden urge to escape from the voice, and with a violent shriek I threw the phone away from me as hard as possible, feeling a sense of dull satisfaction when it shattered against the wall.

I possibly sprinted out of the house, clutching my mascara, lipstick and purse, before leaping into my car. I reached for my phone, realising I had no way of knowing where Theon's house was, before remembering that I had broken it. I banged my head on the steering wheel, swearing loudly. I walked back inside cautiously, grabbing my iPad off the table, before running out. 

I drove slowly to the place that he was staying, thinking over what the voice had said. So. There was another cannibalistic serial killer in the hood. Faaaaantastic. I sighed deeply, closing my eyes with a frown. "And now the fun begins." 

I hopped out of the car, wondering briefly why I hadn't killed the person that I was having dinner with. Before I could knock on the door it swung inwards, revealing a smiling Theon. Upon seeing what he was wearing, I burst out laughing.

"Bloody Bridget's Boxers, what the hell is that?" I inquired, grinning as I eyed the black and white tuxedo that he was wearing.

"My Beetlejuice costume," he replied sarcastically, ushering me inside. His place was massive, with large rooms full of dark wooden furniture and many plants. I looked around in wonder, before stopping and blinking.