Trust

I came into the restaurant smiling. Olive Garden. Our favorite! I looked around before seeing his perfect fluffy blonde hair. I walked that way swiftly. He had already ate all the breadsticks. I huffed but kissed him anyway.
" Am I too late? "
" Never. "
He smiled, I love the way Garroth was so soft and sweet around me. It always made me feel so comfortable. Comfortable enough to trust him. Which was a mistake.

We went home and got a little touchy before my phone went off. Cadenza said there was an emergency, it was Grandmother Zhval.

I never left Garroth so quickly. Grandmother Zhval had fallen down her stairs from her lift. She had broken her left leg, broke her hip, and suffered from a concussion.

I had pulled up into the Hospital, I was greeted by Cadenza and Dad. Who were just as worried as me. We hugged for a moment, before Cadenza led us in.

When we made it into the room I was the first one to move. I hugged her so tightly. She coughed
" Laurance if you don't get your tall ass off me I might bite the dust earlier than expected- "
She croaked jokingly

" R- Right! Sorry! "
I pulled off her as she took in air. I sat there awkwardly. Feeling sorry for not being there while Cadenza and Dad talked to her.

That's when Cadenza's phone went off
" I have to head back to the college... emergency- "
She rushed off before I could say something. Now that I realized it. She is always needed back at the college... maybe I should call up the college at some point, but no time for that right now. Grandmother Zhval was my top priority. I called Garroth and told him I will probably be home late.
" Ok, Do you mind if I invite Zane over for a bit? "
" As long as he stays out of my room! "
" He will stay out don't worry. "
He hung up before I could say goodbye and that I love him, Strange. Whatever. No reason to call back, don't wanna come off a needy or clingy.

I stayed for a while, but at some point the nurse came storming in. It was late and I needed to leave, I nodded and kissed my Grandmother's forehead before leaving. I pulled out my phone and started to dial the number for Cadenza's college to finally see why they were always calling her back lately.

I got in my car as the phone rang softly, then I heard the faint answer
" Hello! Meteli Town College for Art students, how may I help you? "
The other end started, I took a deep breath and let it out
" Hi, I'd like to check on a Student. Cadneza H. Zhval. "
There was a silence before the other end started back again
" Sorry? Cadenza Zhval left a few months ago. Is this some joke? "
I went dead silent. It hit me. Oh Irene no...
" I'm sorry for wasting your time... I had no idea she left.. "

I hung up and called Garroth in a hurry.

No answer.

I then tried to call Cadenza.

No answer.

I started speeding back. Maybe they didn't.... maybe I am believing things.....

There is no way Garroth is at my house with my Sister right now..

I pulled in and slammed my door closed.
.
.
.
.
.
I grabbed the doorknob.
.
.
.
It's unlocked
.
.
.
.
.
I pushed it open.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And then I let out a sob.

There sat, Cadneza and Garroth.
.
.
.
.
Hands on each other.
.
.
.
.
.
Lips connected.

They looked over at me. Cadenza looked shocked while Garroth went silent.

I ran out in tears. I heard Garroth calling after me. No. I'm not going back. I'm never going back. I went for my door, when Garroth grabbed my hand
" Don't go! Let me explain! "
" I DON'T WANT YOUR EXCUSES. "
He wouldn't let me open the door.
" It was a mistake! I swear! "
" THE ONLY MISTAKE MADE TONIGHT.... WAS ME TRUSTING YOU! "
I finally got more door open and got in locking the doors. And I sped out.

Cadenza and Garroth staring at me as I sped off. Still crying, in a mass moment of realization.

Cadenza... and Garroth. They are together. They went behind my back.

They
Are
Together.

I finally stopped. I was outside the one place I could trust.

Aphmau's house

She'd help me.

Aaron cheated on her a year ago with Ein, I helped her get over him and move on. She now is single and I know she'll help me.

I got out and tried to fix myself up, making sure Cadenza or Garroth didn't chase me.

Sure enough they didn't.

I timidly walked up to the door, and knocked.

The lights were out. I shouldn't have come...

That's when the door opened a decently dressed Aphmau answered she let out a groggy
" Yes? "
That's when she saw my face and got serious and pulled me inside turning on the light. She led me to the couch and went to fetch me some water. I softly explained to her what happened with Garroth. She came in and hugged me.
" You were always were too good for him Laurance. Your smart and pretty, while he was some dumb face jock. You gotta realize it isn't your fault. It's his for missing out on a piece of you. "
I sighed
" Maybe Your right Aphmau..... But it still hurts... My sister? Really....? "
Aphmau then got up
" I'm getting you some ice cream and we're gonna watch Weirder things. "
I smiled
" That sounds nice "
She left to get the ice cream and I sat there. The image of Cadenza and Garroth kissing never leaving my mind.

We watched the show for a few hours. Aphmau had fallen asleep on my shoulder, I smiled softly. We used to do this before Garroth and I were a thing. Aaron didn't mind much, so we would do this a lot. I softly laid her down on her side and let her sleep. I couldn't sleep, but I should let her sleep. I turned off the TV and got on the smaller couch by it and sat. Looking up at the ceiling, wondering who I'd be without Garroth.

Who... Who am I without Garroth?

Aphmau woke up first. She looked around before getting up and yawning. She saw the shape of Laurance on the other couch, so she left quietly upstairs.

She changed upstairs and came downstairs happily. She went to the kitchen to make Breakfast, which she sucked at.
" Laurance you mind waking up and helping me? "
That's when Aphmau looked over, Laurance....

Was gone.

In a frantic she started calling around.
He had left his phone... he'd never do that.

She called Garroth and started to yell at him
" HE IS GONE AND IT'S YOUR FAULT! YOU KNOW THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE CHEATED ON HIM! ESPECIALLY WITH HIS SISTER! "
Before Garroth could talk, she hung up. She called in the missing person. And sat down. She was devastated.

What..... what if Laurance hurts himself? Like she tried to...

Love Hurts (A Laurance HC Story) {DISCONTINUED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें