The Injury

I avoid direct eye contact with Jim after our "not date". I felt like I had thrown a fit right in front of him. Plus it didn't help that I would blush every time he looked at me. I walked into work at 8:56. That's how far I was willing to go to avoid Jim. He had been acting like nothing happen though. I sat at my desk Dwight wasn't in his seat and Jim tried to strike up a conversation with me.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked. Okay no small talk.

"No good morning or hello?" I asked Jim wanting to change the subject.

"Nope because you've been avoiding me for a few days now."

"I don't know I just feel weird around you so," I didn't finish the sentence.

"Dunder Mifflin this is Pam!"

"Well that wasn't date you know unless you wanted it be?" He raised an eyebrow.

'Did I want it to be?'

"Pam help!" I heard Michael's voice from my desk I turned around.

"Wait, wait, wait. Slow down." Jim looked over at me and we walked over to Pam's desk. "Michael? Oh my god what happened? I thought you said you where hurt."

I got up and walked over to a laughing Pam. She put him on speaker.

"Okay, Michael I'm going to need you to repeat that really loud okay?" Pam shouted.

"I burned my foot on my George Forman Grill." We looked at each other. What?

"Please explain that Michael." I need more information before I could properly laugh my ass off.

"I like to wake up to smell of bacon, but despite what you my think I don't have butler. So almost every night I lay six strips of bacon on a mini Formen Grill and wake up and morning turn it on then go back to sleep. This morning however I didn't close it all the way and I stepped on it. So can someone come pick me up?" We all looked at each other. Jim was biting his hand so he wouldn't laugh.

"Ryan? Ryan you there buddy? " Ryan slow backed away. Dwight bust in from the bathroom. He looked around confused. "There's no toilet paper here. Pam? _____? What about either of you?"

She looked panicked I made a phone with my hand and put it to my face. She made an ah-ha face.

"Sorry Michael I need to be here to answer the phone." That left me without an excuses but thankfully Dwight spoke up saving me.

"What's going on?" Dwight busted in middle of our circle. His put his hand on my shoulder which weird but I didn't shake it off.

"Michael's "sick" and needs someone to come pick him up." Pam explained quickly.

"On it!" Was all he said. He shot out the door almost forgetting his keys, and almost knocking a few people down.

"Is that Dwight don't send him and one but Dwight! _______? I now your there I heard your voice." Micheal really didn't want Dwight to come.

"Sorry, Michael Dwight's on his way already." I really didn't want to go get him. It was uncomfortable when we where alone together, mainly because he would try to flirt. The key word here is try. "Call your girlfriend."

"I don't have girlfriend."

"But you said last week," Jim couldn't get the words out.

"It was all made up. Come. Anyone. Anyone but Dwight," no answer, "Your all fired!" He yelled and hung up and we collectively lost it we laughed our asses off until we heard a crashing noise. We ran to the window just in time to Dwight vomit.