Malvie - Part 2, Chapter 8

Depuis le début

"No, I don't. And I'm not going to."

"Ben, Uma has done so many callous things. I'm surprised you didn't send her back to the Isle."

"She's just a troubled girl with a bad past and a bad plan."

"Repeating what you've said to me before isn't going to change my opinion about her."

"I have hope that she'll change."

"She's not going to magically change if you just keep her locked up in a cell for years on end."

"Exactly. That's not how you, Evie, Jay, and Carlos changed. I want to give her a new life."

"You want to set her free?"

"Yes, I think she deserves it."

"Ben she's a fucking terrorist! Do you know what she'd do if you let her free? She'd rip Auradon apart! She'd kill you!"

"You don't bite the hand that feeds you—"

"That's exactly what she'll do, Ben! She'll kill you and she'll kill me too. She'll get her hands on that wand and set everyone free. Why don't you just let my mother rule alongside you for Christ's sake! Are you out of your mind?"

"I'm trying to be a good king, Mal!"

"But is it best for your people?! It might help her, but will it help Auradon?"

"You're not the one in charge here, Mal!" The two were shouting at each other now, progressively getting closer to one another.

"You might be in charge but I'm the one who's thinking of the greater good!!" They both became silent, staring into each other's eyes. Ben felt something in his stomach again, the same thing as before. Without giving it a second though, he grabbed Mal's arm and pulled her into him, their lips touching for a brief moment before she pulled away. She glared at him, slapping him clean across the face without hesitation, the sound of skin on skin echoing throughout the hall.

"You son of a bitch," she said slowly through clenched teeth. "You're the damn king." Mal turned around in a huff, storming off in the direction of her room. Evie was right, as usual.

"Evie!" Mal shouted, opening the door to her room and not even bothering to knock, Jane completely slipping her mind.

"Yes?" Evie replied in a calm voice, waiting to see what interesting news Mal wanted to share.

"You were right!"

"Could you be more specific?" she chuckled.

"Ben still likes me." Flustered, Mal fell over on Lonnie's bed, sprawling her arms and legs out as she stared up at the ceiling.

"I told you," Evie replied, filing her nails on the bed.

"That's not all!" Mal exclaimed, throwing one of her hands up in the air. She sat up quickly. "Please don't get mad, Evie." Her girlfriend raised an eyebrow, slowly looking up from her nails to meet Mal's eyes.

"What happened?" she asked in a skeptic voice. Mal took a deep breath.

"We kissed."

"Mal Bertha!"

"He instigated it! It wasn't my fault! I slapped him after if that makes you feel any better." Evie stood up and trudged over to Mal.