13: Saints' Intervention

Start from the beginning

I nodded, and sniffed the air. "Alright, I'll speak to her. We may be able to come to an understanding." I headed off to the smell of overpowering flowers, and found a Shrine Warrior guarding a door.

She stepped in front of the door, clearing her throat. "I can't let you in, Mika. The female is claimed by the Chief."

"I don't want to fuck her, I want to speak to her, and it's urgent, so move or I will move you." I frowned at her sternly.

She spread her legs, bending her knees slightly for a more secure grip on the floor. "You probably will. I'll still try, nothing personal, Mika." She shrugged.

I hummed. "I really don't want to hurt you, Kailan... compromise." I knocked on the door loudly. "Lady Saint? My name is Mika Katachi, and I am the Saint of this Clan. Your friend, the Hero, has challenged my brother to a Duel to the death, and if you don't convince him he's an machismo-fueled moron, he is going to die."

A scuffle in a room down the hall, and I smelled three unwashed human men, sneezing to remove the unpleasant scent.

The door creaked a little, and a small woman wrapped in a towel peeked out. "You have my attention." She nodded.

"Good. May I come in? You can return to your bath, I'm not interested in your body; you have no horns." I added dryly.

She raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Ogres find Horns attractive; it's our version of shapely hips and large breasts. You don't have any." I shrugged, tapping Kailan's large, beautiful black horn as an example, then swatting her ass, sending her skittering away.

She chuckled. "Ahh, I see. Yes, come in. I am done bathing, but it's a very nice bath." She stepped back into the water as I closed the door, and I sat across from her, in front of the tub.

"So, my brother is an 8th Form, Sixth Evolution, Level 375 Spirit Warrior. He will literally kill your 'Hero' in three seconds flat." I started, and leaned against the wall.

She raised an eyebrow, smoothing her short black hair back. "Is that so? Say I believe that; what next?"

"You convince your Hero and Priest and Archer to apologize for insulting us, and specifically Zoken, or Zoken kills him in that Duel, or, worst case scenario? The Sage gets involved, and... I don't know what he'll do. No one does. He's a 100,000 years old, and his soul has meditated in the Spirit World for that whole time. I don't know what he's thinking, because he hates weaklings asking him questions, which, compared to him? Is literally everyone." I shrugged.

She nodded. "True, the unpredictability of the Sage is an issue... so you will halt yours, and I will halt Mine?"

"No, I don't trust you. I'll halt yours, you halt mine. My brother has a sweet spot for you, maybe because you're small and fragile, and I'm strong enough to stop either or both of them, if you fail." I smirked.

"I am not Fragile." She glared at me disapprovingly.

"Compared to us? Yes, yes you are. He had to dispel the Magic from the water of your bath so you didn't die. Fragile, by our standards. Regardless, he's young, and he has a crush on you. It's adorable. Make use of it, and if it doesn't pan out, I'll stop him, but it'll be much rougher than your attempt." I shrugged.

She sighed, and nodded. "Your point is made... and I don't really want a War with your Clan. These idiots didn't think through the consequences of attacking someone else's son!!! Oh, kill one or two then leave? No, that's not how things work!!! 'They have allies,' I said, 'they have dragons, Dryads, and o-Orcs! And there's about 500 of each!!!' But they don't pay me any mind, I'm just some stupid girl along for the ride so I can have the Hero's Babies when we're done, and lookie there, I'm right, and as always, no one listened to me!!!" She frowned bitterly.