Amar felt so many knives stabbing his heart together.

"I need to invite all our family members for tomorrow's function."she added standing up determinantly.

"Maa lunch is ready."they turned to see Sameera near the door. She was also emotionless.

"Sameera why can't you take some rest? You need to take care of yourself dear. Because from day after tomorrow onwards it's again us only. In this house. I have no one except you. So don't let you fall sick."Yamini said in a strict tone.

With that Yamini walked out of the room. It's now Amar and Sameera left. He looked at her with confused face. She gave him an intense look with anger. He couldn't decode what that stare intend to. She glared at him and then walked away following Yamini.
.
.
.
Next Day Morning
Amar came out of the washroom getting ready in a white pyjama and pants his mom have arranged for him. He heard noises from outside. Probably the guests started arriving for the Holi function. He felt to lock himself in the room not to show his face outside. He didn't want this now. But his mom was so stubborn and he couldn't say no to her. And all decorations and arrangements have already done. Now he have to be a part of this celebration. And tomorrow morning once again he is bidding good bye to the house where he have brought up.

He wanted to talk to Sameera one last time. To ask her whether he need to do something for her. Leave about talking, he is confused whether she will come infront of him once again. Yesterday after he declared that he is leaving, she is treating him like an enemy. Ofcourse she have every reason to be angry at him. But he couldn't understand why she is ignoring him all the day and sending murderous glares at him whenever their eyes meet.

He came out of the room after thinking for a long time whether to attend the function or not. He saw his mom standing near the prayer room wearing a white saree. He moved towards her and took blessings from her. Then he saw Sameera standing beside her like a shadow in her usual white saree. Atleast today everyone is equal. He sighed.

His cousins and other family members were also there. They greeted him and chatted with him

"Happy Holi Amar."Yamini kissed her son's forehead with great affection. She applied color on one side of his face.
"Happy Holi mom"

He leaned forward to see Sameera standing hesitately while playing with her fingers.

"Happy Holi Sameera."he said reminiscing each and every Holi moment they spent together. Before the series of tragedies in their lives. Sameera looked at him with half shocked and half surprised face.

Sameera was about to say something when one of his aunty interrupted.
"Amar, it's bhabhi for you. You can't call your brother's widow by name."

He felt angry and looked back at the aunty with rage.
"She will be always my Samee."he muttered in his mind.

Yamini who did realize the tension between Amar and Sameera on hearing those words from her relative decided to deviate the topic.

"Sameera, you start the prayer by lightening it."Yamini said. Sameera was about to move towards the idle, when someone from the crowd shouted.

"A widow starting the function. It's a bad omen."

The match box fell down from Sameera's hand. She looked at Yamini and Amar helplessly. They were also shocked. She felt the urge to cry yet controlled.

"They are right Maa. I am not the right person to do good things. I am always a bad omen for this family. Sorry Maa."Sameera ran away from the prayer room before Yamini or Amar could do anything. Yamini followed her. Amar stood there rooted on his place.
.
.
.
The Holi celebration started. People were applying colors on each other and enjoying. After a long consolation from Yamini, Sameera became ok and started distributing sweets to the guests. Yamini also helped her. Of all the people present there one was not yet recovered from the shock he got a few minutes ago. Amar didn't think that his own cousins can be so low on treating Sameera only because she is a widow. He wondered what would have happened in his absence last two years.