01

"Welcome to Starbucks may I take your order?"

Those were the very words that were tattooed on Ace's bare arms.

Ace has seen some people with the same tattoos on their arms just like him, and it's not a rare sight nowadays. Being currently nineteen years old and almost twenty in a few months, Ace has been looking for his stupid soulmate for years. All his friends have found their soulmates, and even his stupid younger brother has Zoro!
They met when Luffy was a junior in high school, and the boy couldn't be happier when he found out his soulmate had to redo his last year in the place. Not the same could be said with Zoro, but after meeting his hyperactive brother and falling for him after a few months, the boy wasn't about to complain.
His other brother, Sabo, on the other hand, had met his soulmate Koala when he was twelve, and she has been like family to him since then.
All in all, Ace is happy for his brothers and is grateful for their other halves too.

But what about him? Where is his soulmate? And which fucking Starbucks do they work in?!

And now that question is something he's been asking himself ever since he's turned thirteen because he's pretty sure that by then, he's been over at least a hundred Starbucks in his state alone.
Ace is sick of getting "Nos" or sometimes a "Nah, my dude, I'm waiting for someone to order a grande skinny latte extra cream" whenever he asks a barista if they're the one. And to make matters worse, most of the times he'd get a few snickers from people who are CLEARLY ON A DATE WITH THEIR SOULMATES.
And those days are the worst. Which are....most weekends.
Ace has been thinking of almost all the possibilities of why he hasn't met his soulmate yet. And you know what? Overthinking is seriously a bitch.
What if his soulmate doesn't even work in the United States? What if his soulmate found someone that isn't Ace but ordered the same caramel snickerdoodle macchiato like him? Or what if his soulmate is sick of getting asked the same question and snaps at him?

Oh. Hell. No. is his soulmate snapping at him for asking that question.
Overall, you get the point, and as Ace said before, overthinking is a bitch.

Though honestly? Ace is ready to just give up right about now. As he just got another few snickers and laughs from a nearby couple grabbing their Frappuccinos after hearing Ace's conversation with the new barista. New news, he got another no from the cutie with purple hair tied up in a chignon, she was nice enough to introduce herself as Carina, so she wasn't that bad. The couple on the other hand?

"Y'know, I sincerely hope ya'll get diabetes"

Did he just say that out loud?

"What the fuck did you just say you wretched fuck!"

Of course, he did.

Ace ran out of the door, not after grabbing his caramel snickerdoodle macchiato from another blonde barista and waving them off. He was taught to be polite, after all.

------------------------------------

Marco wasn't even supposed to be in the store today, but apparently his colleague Drake had to call a day off since his soulmate came over to visit.