"She's in the back country. Way up past Houma, deep in the Bayou," She explained in a calm tone, slowly looking up at Klaus.

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?" Elijah questioned, sounding slightly annoyed about her vagueness.

Despite being the first of the originals to meet Cadence, Elijah seemed to be the one who liked her the least.

  He didn't trust her in the slightest. He noticed the way she continuously helped both sides, not having total loyalty to either of them. He knew she looked out for no one but herself and her sons and he didn't believe that was someone they needed on their side.

Klaus seemed to think otherwise, which Elijah didn't like whatsoever. Klaus was growing fond of the siphon witch and Elijah knew it wouldn't end well. Not just for Klaus, but for any of them. 

   "What's the matter, Elijah?" Klaus spoke up, noticing the suspicious look his brother was giving Cadence, "You're worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?"

"As a matter of fact, after my recent confinement, I could use a decent stroll through the countryside," Elijah spoke up in a sarcastic tone.

Cadence sighed in defeat, glancing between Klaus and Elijah. She knew it wasn't a good idea for two original vampires to be going into the bayou, not when the majority of the pack was in wolf form. 

   "There are stories of exiled werewolves, encampments. If Hayley went out that far, chances are she went to find them," Cadence explained, despite having the feeling that wasn't the truth.

   "Clearly, she hopes to make the acquaintance of more like herself," Klaus spoke up, turning to look down at Elijah, "I suppose our company wasn't good enough for her."

Elijah stood up, on the verge of walking away when Klaus stopped. "Well, aren't you coming?" his brother suddenly asked, causing Elijah to frown when he turned to see Klaus speak to Cadence.

Cadence frowned, turning to look at Klaus in confusion. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Surely, you know your way around the bayou better than we do," Klaus responded and Elijah stared at his brother in confusion, not seeing any point in Cadence coming with them.

"Niklaus, there's no need for the witch to come with us," Elijah complained, only to have Klaus ignore him and continue to speak to Cadence.

"My brother and I don't know our way around the bayou. You know how to get to the place on the map, we don't. We'll need your assistance in finding Hayley," Klaus continued on, an annoyed look.

"I thought I told you I'm done with vampire business for the next few days," Cadence reminded Klaus, who began to smile in amusement.

"Yet here you are, doing a favor for Marcel," Klaus responded, a wide grin on his face, "Come on, love. You and I both know your life as bartender was never this eventful until you met my family and I. Since you're here, your children are with their babysitter, which means you have the rest of the day to do nothing. Now, what would you rather do during that time? Spend your day off at your job or come play the hero with my brother and I?"

Cadence remained silent, giving Klaus an amused look as he began to smile. "Now, that you put it that like that..." She trailed off, her words dripping with sarcasm, "Maybe I will join you."

Klaus smiled in satisfaction, turning to look at Elijah. Elijah looked deeply annoyed, which was one of the main reasons he asked her to come. That, and because he had grown fond of her company as of late. She may have acted like she hated him, but it was clear she enjoyed his company just as much as he enjoyed hers.