Single Chapter - Masquerade

"-This seems so hypnotic

Smoke and mirrors, lights and magic

Group of faces and gold"

3° Person's POV

It was another of those cold and lifeless days of winter but for Zanna Ro'Meave nothing could be better at that time; No one to irritate her, no one to disrupt her tasks or bother her with meaningless things. Except for one person: Kris, it was like the light blue-haired boy was chasing her and it didn't matter what she did, the boy would be the first and last thought of her day.

"-Why don't you get out of my head? Why do you always have to come near me with this damn perfect smile?" -The girl's thoughts were once again in the roommate of her best friend but she could not blame Adrian for whom he chose as friends and not for this choosen to be the person for whom she had fallen in love at the time when they studied together. The thoughts of the young Ro'Meave were interrupted when she heard knocking at her door, she thought she was hallucinating because the snow covered much of the sidewalk and it made it difficult to access the houses but the beats became louder and she rushed to answer the door.

When she opened the door and noticed who was waiting outside the smile on her face was completely varnishing and her thoughts once again returned to the owner of that smile she received, she thought that Irene was wanting to test her limits and her sanity but It was as if nothing made sense at that moment. She got herself together after a few seconds thinking about what to say but only allowed Kris to go into her house.

-You have a beautiful home. -Kris commented contemplating the simple, yet well-organized décor that the living room possessed. Zanna agreed with her head and guided him through the room until he was comfortable walking alone through the residence.

-You want some coffee? -Zanna asked, making these his first words since the boy arrived, Kris accepted with a nod and Zanna treated to fill a cup of coffee for each. Shortly afterwards the duo was talking about completely random subjects but they were contemplated by the two and it made it clear to Zanna that they could be a couple in case something happened, the girl left these thoughts aside but it ended blushing in imagining her and Kris lying in a King Size after a night of sex.

-Is everything okay with you? -Kris asked worried about the girl, Zanna denied with her head but Kris did not accept that answer and surprised the girl when she caught her in her arms and began to walk to the stairs that led to the upper floor of the house. Zanna was even redder and her face competed with a tomato due to the tone she was in but Kris, thinking she was feverish kept taking her to the second floor. -Where's your room? -He asked without looking directly at her but he managed to see her arm moving to the first door of the corridor, he did not need any more answers and with it still in his arms the lad opened the door of the room slowly, revealing a well organized and very simple environment. The boy entered the room without letting Zanna escape from his hands and she appreciated the way he was worrying about her condition, causing her to give a smile to the boy who smiled back while laying her in bed.

"-This soldier boys, beauty queens

Everyone's a mystery

It's got me losing control"

-What now? I'm not sick and yet you brought me to my bed. -Zanna said observing the actions of Kris, the lad let slip a sigh of derision but chose not to answer the girl. -Look at me and answer my question. -The girl sated when Kris tried to move to the door of the room, the boy thought to run out of the enclosure but Zanna anticipated and grabbed his arm, preventing him from leaving without giving the answer she wished.