Midnight thoughts

•Georgia's P.O.V•

I drove through, what now felt like my empty hometown. I haven't been here in two years and to be honest, I didn't know why I was here now.

I drove past the old nightclubs that I went to with my friends. They were packed, just as I remembered them.

I can still remember the smell of the neon lights and the sweat pouring off us as we danced like no one was watching. Ah, they were the days.

It's hard to believe that was two years ago. I'm now 20 and don't really have the social life I had when I was 18.

I drove past my old high school where I first met Matt. Yes, Matt Willis. Yes the guy who plays bass in Busted. He's my best friend, well was. I don't really talk about what went on and why I moved to America. It's hard for me.... Anyway.

When I drove past my old high school, all the memories came flooding back. How Matt used to always get into trouble and I'd have to walk home by myself on Friday after school because he would be in detention for all the trouble he caused in the week. It felt emotional. I had such good memories in that school.

As much as Matt got into trouble in school, he loved it. We all know why as well. Miss Blair. Or as many people know her as "Miss McKenzie". Matt was dazed by her beauty and was all he talked about. Everyday. For five years.

I'm going on about Matt a bit too much aren't i? What can I say? I miss that kid so much.

Once I passed the school I was pulling into the road where my family house was. Where my mum and dad lived.

Before I went to see them, I had to make one quick detour.

Matt's House.

I turned my car around and headed to his house.

What was I doing?

I'm pretty sure Matt wouldn't want to see me. Last time I saw him I just got up and left to America.

When he saw me, what would he say? What would he do? He could just slam the door in my face or he could welcome me with open arms. I was scared but I was almost there.

"No turning back now. You can do this Georgia" I mumbled to myself.

I pulled up outside his house. He lived on his own as far as I knew.

I got out of the car and walked towards his front door.

I took one deep breath and knocked on the front door. I didn't realise how late it was. Just gone 12am. Looked like he was still up. All the lights were one.

I heard someone open the front door...this was it...