peter parker | hidden secret

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

o. YOU FIND OUT PETER'S SECRET IDENTITY OF BEING SPIDERMAN.

▪▪▪

PETER PARKER had a secret.

a secret that he was determined to keep to himself and to all the others who already knew around him. however, this meant he had to try and hide it from his girlfriend, y/n l/n.

he didn't want to keep his identity of spiderman a secret from her. but in order for him to keep his beautiful girlfriend safe then he had no other choice. peter wouldn't be able to live with himself if he knew or found out that something bad had happened to y/n. whether it be getting herself injured or worse getting herself killed.

he would feel immense guilt that he wasn't able to protect his loved one. the one person who continued to bring himself joy on every new day that occurred. the one person who would always stick up for him whenever he had a rough run in with flash. or the person who would patch up his wounds from a late night patrol. and the special person who would always stick by his side no matter what.

but sometimes secrets are meant to at some point be found out.

and peter's secret was found out by the one person he didn't want to discover it. the one person who he swore to protect ever since they had started dating.

his secret was found out by his girlfriend, y/n l/n.

▪▪

my fist collided with the apartment's door in a sort of knock, as I waited for someone to come and answer. i fiddled with the strap of my backpack, until I felt the familiar click of the door opening from the inside.

it then opened. it opened to reveal none other then may, my boyfriend peter parker's aunt. her eyes lit up at the sight of me standing there. my long h/c locks hung down below my shoulders in little wringlets. as my e/c orbs sparkled from the sunlight seeping through the window of the hallway.

"y/n! I'm guessing you're here to see peter?" aunt may answered in her usual cheerful tone, as she brought me into one those warm hugs she usually possessed.

I just nodded in return once I had escaped may's strong hold on me. before stepping inside of the apartment.

"speaking of which...where is peter?" I questioned, curiously. "I'd thought we could maybe hang out today."

aunt may walked into the kitchen once more, where the fresh smell of baked cookies wafted through the small apartment before she answered. "oh, peter! that's right, he said he had to go somewhere this afternoon. but you're free to just hang in his room till he gets back."

"I might just do that then. see you later may." I told the woman, who was now fiddling inside of the kitchen doing who knows what.

I then manouvered my way down the short corridor, then taking a right into peter's room. dropping my bag down onto the carpeted ground beside his bed in the process.

peter was usually always late too things these past few weeks. whenever I would arrive at his apartment too hang out with him. aunt may would always tell me that he had something on or whenever when we would organise a date for a specific day. he would then ring me and come up with some excuse to why he wanted to cancel.

it annoyed me greatly, yes. but I never really payed much attention to the excuses, as I always thought that he had something else come up on that specific day.

but then it kept happening, and my insecurities soon began piling up. and that caused me to keep thinking of whether he didn't like spending time with me anymore, or he had fallen out of love with me.

I sighed, before snapping out of my thoughts. then plopping down onto peter's bed so that I was now laid down and my head was now rested atop of his comfy pillow.

closing my eyes gently, I then found myself about to drift off into a short slumber. but a crashing sound soon awoke me, and I jolted upright into a sitting position. so that I was now facing the end of the bed.

and what I saw, I had not expected. the sight of spiderman. FUCKING SPIDERMAN. lay right in front of my vision as he carefully climbed across peter's ceiling. before he then jumped down onto the carpet beneath him. his back facing towards me.

I was shocked to say the least, my eyes also widened to the size of saucers. as I stared at the being right in front of me. so many questions were running through my mind right then and there as well.

but, none of that compared to the shock I received afterwards.

the shock of him removing his own mask to reveal the very familiar brown curls that belonged to my boyfriend, peter parker.

how the fuck, did he manage to hide this from me? and why the fuck did he? were just two of the many thoughts that whizzed around my mind right then and there.

peter was soon about to change out of his spiderman suit when he then turned around. and he met my shocked gaze. him then mirroring the same expression.

"u.h....y/n....i-its not what it looks like." he stuttered out, nervously.

"really? because it sure looks like, you were just crawling across your ceiling." I managed to say to him, as I overcame my shock. "and to top it all off, your fucking spiderman."

peter rubbed the back of his neck suddenly.

"oh ok....you caught me....listen I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, y/n." he continued. "but I thought that if I had hidden this secret from you. then I could protect you. please dont hate me"

I rolled my eyes, before getting up off of his bed and standing in front of him. "I don't hate you, and I could never hate you....but i was mad at first, that you didn't tell me." I said truthfully. "but I love you, and I will always support you as spiderman."

I then connected our lips together in a quick yet passionate kiss between us.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, spiderboy."

"its spiderman, y/n not spiderboy." peter corrected me. despite the smile that adorned his features. as he was relieved that you didn't hate him at all for not telling you his secret.

▪▪▪▪