I knew him too well. Right now his mind is trying to work something up to convince me the other way around. One thing I should know by now is that when Will wants something, he will do whatever he can to get it. Right now, it was winning me back.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" He asks me off guard, taking me by surprise as well. Instead of pushing whatever plan he had formulated in his mind, he asks me this.

"Yes." I firmly said, but God knows how painful it actually was. "No..."

His eyes shot back at me. "No?"

"No. But I have to." I couldn't handle denying how it really felt. It was too much. "Will, I followed you since the beginning. I was nothing but very obedient and patient with you. No matter how hard I try to think of ways on where did I went wrong, I couldn't find it. I really can't. I don't know why did I deserve this. I'm asking for a divorce because this will be the only thing that can make things right again."

"You're wrong, Madison." He replied.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. We were in a public place and I couldn't afford to make a scene so I made sure I toned down my voice more. "Will, it's so hard to know what you want."

"Give me one last chance."

And everything went quiet, it was so loud.

"Will--"

"Please."

I just can't stand making a scene in public. That wasn't me.

I took a deep breath and counted to 10 before facing Will again. "You should know by now that I don't like wasting my time." I said as calmly as I can. "You're a big boy already, Will. Here's what I can do. I will leave the papers with you. The next time you meet me will be in 24 hours. After the 24 hours have gone, these divorce papers should be signed."

He had a hard time swallowing my instructions. I never dictated him on what to do. Gone were the days he would be the one to tell me what to do. Tables have turned. He needs to accept it one way or another. I really never wanted to do this, but I have to.

"Once you signed the papers, you can find me at my father's house. That's where I was staying for quite some time now. Look, Will, I'm doing this for us. It will be best."

Will's gray eyes became cloudy with strained tears similar to when you see a young boy that didn't get his reward after doing something good. It took him a while before he nodded his head. "Okay."

A huge wave of relief came after that, but my heart was still unwell because I know I still love him and I don't want to leave him like this.

"Thank you." I smiled a little and collected my things while standing up.

"Is this really what you want, Madison?" He asks me again as I headed first.

My heart wept. "We both know the answer to that, William." I said and I was on my way to the car.

I knew he was looking at me and only at me until I got in, and the moment I started the engine, tears started falling too.

----

"You did what you thought was right, honey." Dad said, handing me a glass of wine.

It was after dinner. I didn't eat well. We were in the living room trying to relax, or at least I was.

"I don't know what else to do, dad." I said and gulped the entire glass.

"Be careful with that specific wine, Mads. It gets to your brain." He chuckles.