3: "What's wrong?"

Veronica's POV

I couldn't sleep. My thoughts always went back to the backyard of the restaurant, back to the beautiful, but so scared girl. I just couldn't stop wondering, what had happened to her, or how could I help her. Did she even had any food? And why her hand was bleeding?

I kinda regretted that I left her there alone. The city's dark streets weren't safe at a night, even I knew that. The thought of the beautiful blonde girl getting hurt - even more hurt - felt horrible.

When I had spend like four hours just thinking about the mysterious blonde, I realized that I had to do something. I'll go back there tomorrow, I promised myself. I'll do everything I can to help that girl, I could never forgive myself, if I didn't.

When it was like 4:00 am, I finally fell asleep, only two hours before my alarm.

"Ms. Lodge? You have a guest", my assistant Valerie informed. I had been working the whole morning. I looked at a clock on my wrist, it said 11:28 am. I sighed.

"Let them in, please", I told her. She nodded and disappeared as quickly as she came. I got back to my computer to continue doing my works. When I heard someone's steps against the floor of my office, I lift my head up quickly.

"Good morning, Ms. Lodge", he said in a low voice.
"Good morning, Mr. Jones, how can I help you?"
"Your new project is late from the original plan", he said a bit of anger in his voice.
"I know, I'm sorry, Mr. Jones. I've had a few problems with marketing, but they're settled now", I tried to sound assertive.
"I need it to be ready in Tuesday. If you can't stay in the plan, I'll give it to someone else. Understood?"
"Of course, Mr. Jones", I said making a fake smile. He looked at me straight in my eyes for a moment, then nodding and leaving the room. Angrily I gave my middle finger to his back.

Mr. Jones was the owner of this company, my superior. He was always so needy and annoying, and acted like he was so much better than me, even though he was just as young as me. I hated him, but I loved this job, so...

Lunchtime. Me and Archie decided to go to a new restaurant, near to our office. The weather was warm, so we walked, and just talked about everything while we made our way to the restaurant.

Outside of the restaurant, we saw a old homeless man, sitting on the street. That brought her back to my mind again. The mysterious, beautiful and hurt blonde. I felt so bad to think what all she had to get through. I didn't know anything about her, but I knew that she was a good person instead. She didn't deserve that life.

New York was full of homeless people, why couldn't I get that one out of my thoughts?

"What's wrong?", my redhead collega asked.
"What do you mean?"
"You have been so distant the whole lunch. What are you thinking about?" He looked at me curiously.
"Nothing, just some work things", I said, focusing on the salad in front of me.
"Oh, really? Just like you, Veronica Lodge, would be thinking about works when you don't need to?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Yeah, right", I chuckled.
"So tell me, what's bothering you?"
"Nothing really, just wondering. By the way, how is it going on with you and Josie?", I asked changing the subject.
"Good", he answered, "But don't you think I didn't realize you changing the subject on purpose!"
I smiled at him and continued eating my lunch. I didn't want to tell him about the blondie. Not yet.

I went to a market on my way home from work. When I got everything I needed, I started driving towards my apartment. I hadn't wanted to use my chauffeuring today. Sometimes I enjoyed to drive myself, it was kind of relaxing after an exhausting day.

On an impulse, I changed my destination. I started to drive to the fancy restaurant from last night. I needed to help that girl something.

I parked my car to the parking area, and walked behind the fancy building. The backyard of the restaurant looked even more disgusting in a day light. Carefully I walked towards the trash cans.

She wasn't there. I saw only her blanket and empty bottles between the cans. I was disappointed, I would have wanted to see that blonde beauty again. I would have wanted to see her to be sure that she's okay. But she had left somewhere.

I opened the food bag I had bring with me from the car. I took a plastic bag from my hand bag, and placed three bananas, one bread stick, and two bottles of sparkling water to the bag. Last I took a piece of paper and a pen from my hand bag, and wrote a little message. I placed the bag of food under her blanket, so anyone would not take it.

Heyyy again! Thanks for reading <3

I'm not sure does this story make any sense, but I enjoy writing it, so... I hope you enjoy reading it too!

See you in the next chapter ;)

~ S