Chaper 10: Neglect

I could hear Dad yelling "THE HERO TEAM... WINS!" I sigh and glare at Katsuki. "Is your hand good?" He rolls his eyes at me. "I'm fine! What were you saying before? I couldn't hear a damn thing." I huffed and started again. "Izuku and Uraraka almost murdered me, which I don't appreciate! I could've died falling from that height!" He looked at me, confused. I sighed and decided to elaborate.

"Uraraka forgot she used her quirk on me, when she released me I started falling to my doom. Luckily some of our classmates got a hold of me," He looked mad as in someone just ate my food mad. Not quite sure whether it was about losing or me almost dying.

"And people say I'm unheroic!" He growled, walking away. I made my way out of the building and headed to where my classmates were, hands in my deep pockets playing with a loose thread.

When we finally arrived I was swarmed with questions, most of them I couldn't make out but I heard this one loud and clear. I'd heard it before, it's often the first question people ask when they meet you. It's like your personality doesn't even matter anymore.

"Hey, what's your Quirk?" Suddenly that was the only question being asked. I didn't like all the noise, I didn't like it one bit. Loud noises, especially people, stress me out. "If you don't know what it is then it'll give me an advantage, why should I give that up?" I replied quickly, hoping the response would get them to back off.

U.A isn't like Junior high, these guys could be judgmental as all fuck for all I knew.

"She's right you know, if you don't know someone's Quirk it'll make it harder to fight them. Smart decision on her part." It was that girl, Momo I think?

"Also Uraraka, Midoriya, you almost killed her! What would you have done if Sero and Kirishima weren't there to catch her?" They fiddled with their fingers nervously, hanging their heads in shame.

"Iida did his job but Bakugou ran off, getting caught too. However I do think that Athena went overboard, that knife literally impaled his hand!"

"How would you feel if someone did that to you?" She looked at me, expecting an apology.

I froze, in the heat of the moment I snapped at her. "You don't have a clue, don't even start," I was tearing up. Goddammit.

She sputtered in shock, Izuku stared at me seemingly worried. Dad only looked concerned for a split second before he started talking about something to the rest of the class, I didn't bother listening. I was too upset to focus on a stupid lecture.

"Next round!" I dragged myself back to the building, acting like my little outburst never even happened.

⏳Timeskip⏳

I'm dying, I can't even pick myself up and I'm pretty sure that my mental health ain't doing too good either. My mental state is worse than it is in Math class, and I usually feel like absolute shit in Math class

"Athena, Athena get up already ya lazy bitch!" I don't bother turning to look at him as I grunt in response. Katsuki grabs me by my legs and starts dragging me out of the building. "They're waiting for you outside," "How nice of them," I mumble sarcastically.

We stayed in an awkward silence before he stops dragging me for a moment. "Hey, you alright? No shitty excuses this time dipshit,"

Well shit, I guess he didn't forget about earlier. I stayed silent, avoiding the topic. He let go of my legs before turning around and glaring at me. "I'm not joking, what was that shit you pulled earlier?" He was dead serious. I stood up and put some distance between me and him.