2

Word count (1758) 

Outside the gate of the Addams mansion, two people walked up. A man and a woman. The woman Had her red hair done up nicely and wore a nice green trench coat and some low to the ground heels. The man wore a brown trench coat and nice brown shoes he also held a briefcase. The woman walked up to the gate, which opened upon its own. She flinched back and turned to the man. He motioned her to keep walking. She sighed irritated and continued to walk.

The man walked right after her but the gate closed, taking hold of some of his coat. "Ow! Hey! Stop it! I'm warning you!" He yelled trying to get free.

Back in the garden, mother and I were finishing up. Thing got my father's attention. He signed something, then pointed to the window. I looked out the window. "Father. Tully's here." I said in disgust. I was not fond of Tully. "Ah! Tully!" My father yelled excitedly standing up. "Romping with gate." My mother informed with a fond smile.

The man named Tully had finally pulled his coat away from gate. "These are your last paying clients, may I remind you." Margaret, his wife said. "If it gives you pleasure." He said. "Something has to. Like a decent coat. Something dressy for evening." She complained. Soon she got an idea and stopped her husband. "Ask for a loan! Beg!" She demanded. "No loans. I am not a bum. Don't say it." Tully said stopping her from name calling. "I'll get the money. I have a plan." He said then walked off. Margaret scoffed. "This is all so humiliating. Why did I marry you?" She said not walking after him. Tully stopped and turned right back around. "Because I said yes."

Tully made his way to Gomez Addams' office, while his wife was asking for Morticia. Tully walked down the hall and stepped on a polar bear carpet. Only when he stepped on the floor next to the bears face, the bear head bit on Tully's pant leg. Tully yanked his leg free and continued down the hall. But he stopped when he saw a painting of Fester holding a candle. The candle blew out a Tully face pulled into a surprised look. He looked down at the frame and read:

                                                                  Fester Addams

                                                                         1947-?

Tully looked back at the painting, then the door to Gomez' office. He walked to the door, stepped inside, then turned around. He set his briefcase down and closed the doors. He turned back around and a sword came straight towards him and stuck into the door on the left side of his head. "AH! Missed!" Gomez yelled in dismay. "What's that?" Tully questioned pointed behind Gomez. Gomez turned around to look, his sword still pointed in Tully's direction. Tully grabbed his briefcase and threw it at Gomez. Gomez, who still wasn't looking, caught the briefcase by the handle with his sword then turned to face Tully with a smile. Gomez threw the briefcase off his sword and it landed on his desk, open.

Gomez returned to his previous position, facing Tully with his left hand on his hip and sword pointed towards the enemy.

"Dirty pool, old man. I like it." Gomez said as Tully pulled the other sword out of the door. Then they proceeded to fence. Gomez more graceful and experienced, Tully not so much. Gomez pushed Tully's sword away and cut his jacket twice on the stomach area, then repeated but only cut once in the same place. "Had enough?" Tully said exasperatedly. "Ha!" Gomez laughed.

They continued to spar then Gomez' back was facing the large window. "Where's my pen?" He asked. While Tully was distracted by the question, Gomez nocked Tully's sword to the floor. "Never mind, I'll take yours." Gomez said slyly. Gomez used his sword to pull out one of Tully's pens, launching it into the air. Gomez threw up his sword, did four back flips. The fifth, he launched himself over his desk and landed in his chair. Catching his sword in his left hand, and Tully's pen in his right. "First, the old business." Gomez announced.