Steve Rogers: Not Good Enough

Start from the beginning

"I'll do it!" Tony jumped up on his feet kissing Bruce square on the mouth before using the elevator to go up to his lab & that's when Steve finally placed his hand to his side. "Did you have to be so rude?" Steve looked at you in the eyes when you turned your head back to look at the older male.

"I laugh at everything, you know this" You shrugged with a slight chuckle slipping from you mouth about to kiss your boyfriend on the lips until Captain America paid attention to where the sound of a bag dropping on the floor was. "Bucky!" Steve said excitedly when he saw his best friend standing there with open arms then he literally pushed you off his lap.

You sat up watching Steve embrace the Winter Soldier in a lingering hug while your boyfriend's legs were wrapped around the metal arm guy's torso causing your heart to hurt like someone punching you hard on the chest & you can't breathe. "I missed you!" Steve exclaimed dropping his feet to the ground with a big smile on his face.

"I haven't seen you months, how was the mission back in Brooklyn?" Steve asked with the same exact energy the first millisecond he saw Bucky putting a hand on his non-metal shoulder then he looked at you with this huge smile on your boyfriend's face pointing at his best friend. Bucky gave you a friendly smile & wave while you did too, but it was fake.

"The mission was great. Strange, Hope, Gamora & I struggled a bit to stop Hydra from transporting their upgraded weapons to their main base." You heard Bucky say causing your eyebrows to furrow & actually think about that team dynamic. "H-Hold up" There was so much wrong in that team up that you just had to stop their conversation.

"How did Dr.Strange, The Wasp, Thanos' Daughter, & the Winter Soldier ended up teaming together?" Your mouth hung open a little bit with your eyebrows still in the same position because you were so confused.

"Did S.H.I.E.L.D. finally lose their minds with this team? I bet they did because the dynamic for the 4 of you just sounds statistically incorrect & just plain weird." You huffed blowing your semi long hair out of your face.

"Y/N! We talked about this, stop being rude to people. You can't ju-" Steve scolded you for the second time today until Bucky patted your boyfriend's back to let him know it was ok before walking towards you sticking out his metal hand towards you.

"You must be Y/N" You were hesitant to shake his metal hand then you looked around the room for anyone to signal that there was nothing to worry about. Your eyes landed on Steve who gave you a nod. "Yeah, I am. I've heard of you, how've you heard of me?" You asked slowly shaking super soldier's hand.

"Steve sent me letters when I was in Brooklyn & half of his page's would be about how much he finally got a date with you." Steve blushed at the mention of written letters & you blushed at the thought of writing all about you to his best friend. It was a bit of a weird moment.

"As for the team that I created. Their abilities were specific to what he had to do on this mission. If you have anymore questions I'll gladly take them now." The Winter Soldier won your debate? If you'd want to call it that, but he really did shut your mouth.

"You too, stop being rude to my boyfriend. I don't make fun of you & T'challa." Steve walked up to the Winter Soldier flicking his forehead & all his best friend did was laugh alone with your boyfriend making you feel jealous. "I'm only kidding. It was really nice to finally meet you though." You & Bucky fist bumped before the 40's best friends walk away.