♛ .𝟐. ♛

[Brian P

[Brian P.O.V]

I was late to school today.

❝ah, fuck.❞ I made a huge mistake today by slapping the snooze button—twice. I ripped the covers off of me, ran to my bathroom, and ran the water. While I brushed my teeth, I went out to the kitchen and put two pieces of bread in the toaster.

Trailing back into my room, I finished my morning routine. I used my fingers to "comb" out my curls. Although it was painful, I wanted to look presentable.

I opened my dresser and snatched out a random, blue shirt that had 'Groovy' printed across it. My eyes scanned my closet as I snatched my trousers from a hanger.

Me not being careful and rushing, I get snapped in the face with a piece of the hanger.

It broke.

jesus christ...❞ I hissed out in pain, lifting a hand to my cheek.

Slowly forgetting about the incident, I started to get ready. I set out my clogs beside my bag, and run over to the kitchen. I put my toast on napkin, and head right back to my room.

Looking in my backpack, I couldn't find my notecards I made for the history test. I scrambled to find them. Groaning in frustration, I lifted my bed covers and found them scattered everywhere, ❝can this day get any worse??❞

I piled them all in a random order, not caring anymore, and shoved them in my binder. I put on my clogs, hoisted my backpack over my shoulder, and took a short glance in the mirror.

I looked pretty nice—even though my trousers and shirt didn't really match, and they were all wrinkled—for the day. It was better to be late then never.

Grabbing my breakfast, I yelled out, ❝bye mum!❞ I closed the door—more like slammed it, and sped walked to school.

I looked at the nature around me while eating my toast. Although I flinch at every single bug I see, I loved it.

The nice breeze, the noise of the birds calling for each other, the sound of-

❝HEY POODLE!❞

My thoughts instantly disappeared as I whipped my head around, finding Freddie and John. Freddie was riding his bike, while John was holding on to a rope so he can ride on his...skateboard?

❝hey Deaks, since when did you have a skateboard?❞

Freddie, carelessly, stopped in the middle of the street, almost making John crash into the back of him.

The younger one answered with, ❝a few weeks ago. I wanted to try it out today. So as you can see-,❞ He gestured to the rope, ❝we are experimenting.❞

❝I thought you were supposed to do it by yourself, not 'I'll just hold on to a rope and call me a skateboarder'.❞ I carefully jogged over to them, trying not to ruin my clogs.