1

a/n
i edited it so it's a lot less cringy to read but it's still kinda bad and wordy.

There it was, the last sliver of hope that kept her grounded in this world, where tragedy is the only thing that still happens to be a constant pattern. She looked at the disaster. She was going crazy and it was all because her parents gave her the common sense to be kind and because she had fallen in love, or it at least felt like she had. She hated the feeling that seemed to only ever surface when she was face to face with Klaus.

Klaus his name made her feel something. It was intoxicating. It was like honey in an odd sort of way. She was a poet but nothing she would ever write would be able to depict, to illustrate just how mellifluous his name sounded on her tongue. But it was just his name she didn't understand how she could get to this level of infatuation. She'd read books about girls who fell in love in a matter of days she'd constantly dismiss them as silly but she was being just as silly herself for falling so fast in a matter of months.

Being faced with life or death all she could think about was Klaus. He clouded her mind like clouds fogged the bright blue sky. And despite everything she believed that she would see him again, one way or another. She believed that up until this point. She was finally surrounded by the people she loves except for the Baudelaires.

She found comfort in knowing she was surrounded by her brothers and hope on the makeshift boat they had managed to create with such little supplies. That was before she saw the black clouds that shadowed the skies, it terrified her.

With that thought, the Quagmires were submerged in the water. All of them worked so hard to survive, they are survivors. Look away before you get attached, look away before all hope is drowned. Just look away before death catches up on our beloved Quagmires.

* * * *

The Baudelaires had just witnessed life come into this world and life leave the world. Klaus lifted Beatrice in a small cloth and slightly swayed trying to calm her desperate wails. She slowly stopped crying her bottom lip still trembling.

"Hey, Sunny do you know any substitutes for ahem milk?" Klaus asked avoiding say a certain word. He looked down awkwardly. Violet chuckled from beside him as she played with Beatrice's small hands.

Sunny thought for a second before saying, "Coconut milk." Klaus widened his eyes at her, she managed to actually say words without her 'baby talk'. Although she has spoken complete words, it was rare for her. He was thankful that regardless of what had happened to them she was still growing and developing.

Violet covered Kit's body with a blanket, softly kissing her forehead and letting a tear fall out. She wipes her eyes and slightly chuckling.

"You know we were with her for a short time but I have such a strong connection with her," she began," she actually gave me hope."

Klaus' eyes softened at the right of his sisters crying. Klaus himself never really cried but, without a warning, his eyes became a waterfall. He had let it all out, he held in his tears during the entire adventure, if you could call treachery and misery an adventure.

Violet turned around looking up at the sky where no stars could be seen. The only thing that could be seen in the sky was the massive clouds that looked as if they were going to erupt at any awaking moment. It scared the three siblings, it was as if the sky was giving in to the evil. The evil that lies deeper in some than in others. If storms weren't as common as they are on the island, the Baudelaires would have thought that another life was ruined by the likes of another fire and, the grey clouds in the sky behaving as ash clouds.

a/n
welcome back old and new readers finally decided to post this sorry for the wait.

-A