He looked out the window of the bus as it traveled down the road towards his first part time job. He checked his calendar then remembered he had afternoon classes today. Juyeon sighed heavily as things were definitely going to be more stressful than they already were.

더보

Juyeon hid a yawn behind his hand as a few people browsed the shelves of games they had lined up. He looked to his right and saw his coworker slacking off as usual. Sometimes he felt like ratting her out while other times he figured she had a reason. They locked eyes and soon she came bouncing over to him just as a customer walked up.

"Hi, I'd like to purchase this." he said as he placed the case on the counter.

"Ah, Angel's Cry. It's a good game. You'll enjoy it." said Juyeon as he scanned the barcode.

He handed him cash and he handed back his change. He gave him his best customer farewell before returning to his usual half awake self.

"You don't look as tired as usual. Did something happen?" his coworker asked from his right.

"Probably because I didn't jack off this morning." he said jokingly then noticed she probably took it seriously. "It's a joke."

"Say, do you have any free time today?" she asked while batting her eyelashes.

"Maybe. Why?" Juyeon responded as he started to ring up another customer.

"I was hoping to treat you to lunch or dinner." she said with a smile.

"I'll let you know later, 'kay Mineun?" Juyeon said before giving her back a pat.

She happily walked off as Juyeon handed the customer their bag.

"Seems like she likes you, huh?" the woman in front of him said.

"Is that so? Ah, have a good day. We hope to see you again." he said with a bright smile. She thanked him before leaving. "As if lazy Mineun would have feelings for me."

Juyeon checked the time then quickly grabbed his things. Mineun waved goodbye and he returned the gesture before leaving the store. It would take an hour at most to get from the store to school.

더보

He felt himself starting to nod off in class. It was an everyday occurrence and a part of him wondered how he managed to pass these classes. Juyeon felt someone nudge him then thanked him.

"Are you eating lunch here?" he asked as Juyeon stretched out after the professor dismissed them.

"Maybe. You want to eat lunch together?" he asked as he zipped up his bag.

"Yeah. There's something I need to tell you." he said with a look in his eyes.

"I'm here to listen..." he replied as they exited the room and walked down the hall.

They entered the dining hall then sat together with their lunch. He quietly waited for him to speak.

"Mae and I broke up." he said after a long period of silence. "I don't know anything anymore..."

"Hwituk, I know this is a sensitive time for you, but there are plenty of things you can do without Mae. You can even flirt with girls without feeling guilty." said Juyeon before stuffing his mouth with food.

"I know, I know... it's just there's a void. I'm afraid of what I'll try to do to fill it." said Hwituk as a tear ran down his face.

"I wish I could do more to help you..." he replied softly.