FIX ME CHAPTER 15

Start from the beginning

The sound of footsteps and voices disturbed Jessica's thoughts and she was thankful for the interruption. Still, she pretended to be asleep when the other girls arrived at the bus. Right now, she doesn't need their accusing and judgmental stairs. Right now, whom she needs are her friends.

She felt the bus moving. Jessica heard Hollie saying they'll be having a movie marathon, which means they will all be at the mini living room of the bus. All of them.

Jessica sighed a relief as she heard their voices leave the area of the bunks. She opened her eyes and stared at the bunk ceiling for quite a long time. She only budged from her position when she felt her cellphone beeped continuously.

Three messages.

The first one is from her mom. She was so worried for Jessica. Jessica smiled and typed a reply back to her mother.

Am okay, Mom. : ) I just fell asleep. Am so sorry. Hope you are already sleeping and not worrying over me.

The second message was from Deandre's cellphone. But it wasn't from Deandre. And Jessica almost laughed at the content. Almost. She doesn't know if she has the heart to laugh anymore.

Hey, fellow Asian. How are you? I hacked noodle boy's phone, but at least he knows. He's currently eating Korean noodles with me at the bus. The thing is, he couldn't decide which is his hair and which is the noodle so he's still staring. Wahahahaha. I'm so funny I laughed at my own joke. How are you?

Jessica sighed. Of course Heejun knows what happened. Phillip tells him everything. She keyed in a generic reply.

Am fine. Talk to you tom, fellow Asian. Good night! Say hi to Dre too. Love you both. :)

The third message was from her Skinny Mini Buddy, which stopped Jessica's heart. Colton is finally talking to her!

Her hands were shaking as she opened the message.

I wish I didn't let you go for him. You would have been happy with me. I wish I had the heart to be selfish. Too bad I don't have because I wanted to see you happy. I know what happened, Skinny Mini. I'm here for you. I love you always.

And it was when she finally broke down again.

----

"Jess?" It was Hollie's voice. Jessica forgot the girls were already on the bus and can hear her cry. She immediately wiped the tears from her cheeks and tried to stifle her sobs just as Hollie opened her bunk curtain.

And she isn't alone. Erika, Skylar, and Elise are with her, concern on their faces. Jessica tried to smile and just say she's okay. But as soon as she opened her mouth, she started crying.

The girls immediately helped her stand up from her bunk and led her to the living room. Hollie fetched her a glass of water and sat beside her holding her hand as Jessica drank.

They were quiet for a few moments as they let Jessica's cries subside.

"Thanks, Hollie," Jessica said softly after a few minutes. Hollie smiled a little at her as she squeezed the hand she was still holding. Jessica looked at the faces of her friends one by one. They were smiling at her, but they were averting her gaze. It was when she noticed her absence.

"Where's--- Phillip's fiancée?" Jessica asked, her voice struggling to remain calm. She saw her friends look at each other before Skylar cleared her throat.

"Uh... Baby Girl," she started saying. "That's what we want to talk to you about."

Jessica looked surprised for a moment, but she easily recovered and threw a curious look at Skylar. Skylar nodded and looked at Elise. Elise sighed and looked at Jessica straight in the eyes.