FIX ME CHAPTER 15

Start from the beginning

"Okay, guys," Colton intervened. "Let's sit down and talk about this. We---"

"You were given a chance, Phillip Phillips, lots of them." Heejun said, cutting Colton's words. He had said the words softly, but Phillip can still detect the anger in his voice. "And you keep messing it up. I am your best friend and you know I'm always here for you, but Jessica's a very nice girl and she doesn't deserve what you're doing to her."

"Heejun, I--" Phillip started to say, but Heejun motioned for him to stop. He was shaking his head.

"I know what you'll say and I'm tired of hearing them," Heejun said in a would-be-calm voice. "Just make up your mind, man. She isn't a toy. Stop messing with her heart and her mind." He walked straight to Phillip until they were nose to nose. This time, Colton was pulling at Heejun's collar, but Heejun didn't budge from his place. He looked at Phillip straight in the eyes.

"Remember this Phillip Phillips, if you won't fight for her, I will." Heejun said, his voice deadly. Phillip wasn't able to say anything. It's the first time he's seen Heejun this serious and this angry.

Sensing that Phillip won't say anything, Heejun shrugged Colton's hold on him and got off the bus without another word.

Phillip sighed, sadness and grief evident on his handsome face. He slowly turned around to face Colton.

Phillip noticed his other friend isn't looking at him. He was clenching and unclenching his fists while looking at the floor that Phillip was sure Colton will hit him. After all, he knows how much Colton sacrificed for Jessica to be happy with him, but just like what Heejun said, he's an idiot. He messed up his chances. And he deserves it if Colton hits him.

But Colton did not. Colton merely averted his gaze off the floor to look at him straight in the eyes. Phillip can see the anger there, but he knows now that Colton won't hit him.

"Don't say anything, Phillip," Colton said, his voice surprisingly lighter than Phillip expected. "Heejun already said what I want to say. And he's right. Aren't you tired of the same thing happening? You deciding to fight for her and then breaking her heart right after? It's not what's supposed to happen. I didn't... let her go for that," he added quietly.

Phillip did not say anything. But he avoided Colton's gaze.

"If you aren't tired of the same old cycle, don't forget she can get tired of it," Colton continued, his voice dead serious. "And if that happens, she isn't the one who will lose everything and you know it."

With those last words, he left Phillip alone.

----

Besty calling...

Jessica cancelled the call. She mechanically lay back down on her bunk and closed her eyes, hoping to sleep and forget about everything that just happened.

Jessica has been ignoring her best friend's call for the past thirty minutes. He knows Dre is worried, but she just doesn't have the energy to tell him everything right now.

She feels numb. When Phillip had left her awhile ago, all she did was cry until her heart stopped bleeding. She thought the pain will go away when there are no more tears left to shed.

And she's wrong. Jessica felt emptier. She felt lost. She felt incomplete. Phillip is the only man she has ever given her heart completely and he keeps causing her pain. Worst thing is, she still loves him very much.

Sometimes Jessica is wondering if she'll ever love somebody as much as she loves Phillip. Because the intensity of her feelings for him is incomparable. It's too strong.