Chapter 13 Breaking Apart

Start from the beginning

"Oh, it's actually not the first time." I explain. "This is Akira and he helped me once in Japan when I encounter a big problem."

"Oh...." 

"Akira, this is Maggie." I introduce Maggie to Akira.

They say hi to each other and we enter the elevator.

I like to stay in the corner but the crowd in the elevator makes me feel that I am sharing the space with so many people. I am pushed to the corner and feel like I am unable to breath. Just when I struggle to keep some space between the person in front of me, I figure out that there are enough space for me to have some privacy space. Akira is standing in front of me trying to resist the people pushing in the elevator. He is so tall that I feel I am in between two walls.

"Are you alright?" He asks. His eyebrows frown when another person tries to squeeze in the elevator. 

I peek through his breast and see there is no more space in the elevator. Then I realize how much pressure he is having on his back and on his arm he is pushing the wall to make space for me.

"I'm fine." I nervously answer back. I don't like to be protected when others are suffering.

"Hang on, it's almost there." I tell him.

He grins and let out a long sigh.

Ding The door opens and people rush through it. Akira stretches and let me leave the elevator first. When he comes out I am standing in front of him.

"Thank you very much." I tell him.

"Your welcome."

"No, I mean last time." I smile.

"Oh, that's nothing." He shrugs.  " so how you are doing with your boyfriend?"

My blood fills my cheeks and tension comes when Akira says that.

"Uhh, we are not in a relationship. We are just friend." 

"Oh, I am sorry." He apologies. "But you guys are doing well?" 

"Yup." I raise my lips.

"Hey." He stops waking to the classroom and stands in the middle of the hallway. 

"Yah?" I turn back.

"Don't love him. He is too popular." He says with a low voice. His eyes look sharp and with tension. Akira puts his hands in his pocket, then walk closer to me.

"I saw the message last time when you passed out." He says. "Are you serious? He is Yuzuru Hanyu! The prince of nearly every Japanese teenage girl. "

I stand still. 

"You saw the message?" I speak calmly.

The fire in my heart burns flamboyantly. The fire is different from the fire I had at the rink. I am furious. My relationship with Yuzu, my secret with Yuzu, my love for Yuzu seem to have been projected on Akira's eyes. I am insecure. I am panic and angry.

"I will not...." I start " let any people to judge my love." I hold my fist tightly. My voice shakes. I can't hold my anger back any more.

"Akira, have you ever love a person?" I say with my tears drip on my cheeks.

"Have you ever met a person who you think you must love or you can't able to breath?"

"Have you ever got a chance to get that person to love you but someone tells you to give up?" I shouted.

Akira looks down and bits his lips.

"I just did."

I walk away and leave Akira alone in the hallway. I wipe out my tears and take out my phone.

I feel like I just lost Yuzuru in my mind.