Joel Crofoot

1. Tell us a little about yourself.

Joel Crofoot was raised in northern New York state on a large family sheep farm, then left home to join the United States Marine Corps at 18 years-old. After spending four years in Japan as a radio operator, Joel re-enlisted into the bomb squad (explosive ordnance disposal) and was stationed out of California. Two tours to Iraq later, Joel decided to leave the Marine Corps to pursue higher education and recently graduated with a doctorate in psychology in the summer of 2017.

2. Have events or people in your life ever inspired scenes or characters in any of your books?

I think my books are probably a big conglomeration of my life, combined with some of my psychology clients, friends, family, and events

3. What is your favorite/most frustrating part of the writing or publishing process?

Probably the pressure from to finish in a timely manner, although I do need the pushsometimes.

4. How did you come up with the title for your book?

I think I had the title in mind as I was writing Barakel's Mask because the book is aboutBarakel realizing that he has been portraying himself in-authentically for his whole life. We allhave masks we wear, the piece of ourselves that we allow others to see, and they arenecessary to protect ourselves because not everyone is worthy of getting to know the real us.But sometimes people lose themselves in playing a role.

5. Tell us about your main character.

In my most recent book, Barakel's Mask, Barakel is the Angel of Lightning, and is one of thefallen angels who was cast into hell 70 generations ago for sleeping with humans. He spent hiswhole sentence in hell lusting after his best friend only to find the romantic feelings werereciprocated, so now he is bitter.

6. How did you pick your character names?

Most of the names came from the Dead Sea Scrolls version of Book of Enoch. Othersare the traditional biblical angels, and some are lesser known angels from lore.

7. What makes your villain so scary/powerful?

Probably the fact that the angels and the reader don't know what to expect from him.

8. What makes your book different from others in its genre?

I've been told my books are much deeper than many paranormal romance books. They reallydescribed and portray the character's flaws and personal growth. I think my psychologybackground helps a lot with that. When people share their darkest thoughts with you for a living,it's hard to keep things surface level.

9. Who designed your book cover? 

Kristyn Mcquiggan

10. What is the best resource for authors? 

Definitely other authors! Many other authors with experience and knowledge of the business have helped me along the way by providing tips, sharing contacts, helping with marketing, etc.

11. What are you currently working on? 

I'm finishing A Series of Angels with Gabriel's story.

12. Do you have a day job, or are you a full-time writer? What is your day job? Has it helped your writing? 

I'm a psychologist and I think you can tell in my writing. I can't turn it off.

13. What kind of books do you read in your free time?

Paranormal romance of course!

Book InfoM/M romance

Book BlurbFor the last few millennia Barakel has been lusting after his best friend, even protecting him for their whole sentence in hell, but now back on earth he must face reality and the reality is that Sahariel doesn't feel that way for him. To make matters worse Barakel has to live with a beautiful demon that he can't get his mind off of, but after his time in hell he'd never let himself touch someone so evil. 

Philotanus has made a living by leading men into temptation, a path he began long ago to exact revenge for how he had been treated. But having sought the protection of the angels in exchange for a scroll means learning a different version of his own story. Could he be ready for a new path or is he just setting himself up for another heartache?

With a baby on the way it is more important than ever for our favorite angels to find and eradicate the local demon horde, but can they do it in time? Will this baby be their salvation or annihilation?

Social Media links

 Website – http://joelcrofootblog.wordpress.com Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJoelCrofoot Street Team – https://www.facebook.com/groups/JoelsAngels18/ Twitter – https://twitter.com/JoelWCrofoot Newsletter – https://my.sendinblue.com/users/subscribe/js_id/3ksv1/id/2 Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15748231.Joel_Crofoot Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/joel_crofoot BookBub – https://www.bookbub.com/authors/joel-crofoot