chapter twelve

December 5th 1920

Anastasia woke with a yawn as she looked up towards the man she was entangled with. She gave a friendly smile before slowly and quietly taking off the covers and making her way towards the door.

"Where you going?" Michael's raspy voice asked.

"I was going to head downstairs."

"Come back." Michael winged causing Anastasia to roll her eyes as she hopped back in.

"We have to leave soon." Anastasia stated.

"Why?"

"Because we have to be back in time for the dance." She replied receiving a long grunt from Michael. "It's not that bad." She smiled squeezing his cheeks.

"I hate when you do that."

"Why?" She cackled.

"Because it makes me feel like a baby."

"You are a baby Michael."

༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

"Bye Tommy." Anastasia called as her and Michael headed outside. Michael led her towards his car as they both got in and made their way home.

Anastasia looked out of her window and into the distance, counting clouds and making them into shapes, Michael often shared glances at her, smiling at her childishness. But the thought of events that were supposed to happen tonight cut his happiness short.

"We don't have to do this." Michael suddenly blurted.

Anna sighed as she replied, "Michael."

"I'm serious, we can head back home and have a nice night like normal couples are meant to do." He grunted.

"No Michael, Tommy said-"

"Tommy this, Tommy that, hell with it all!" He shouted. There was a long pause as Michael pushed his foot down on the pedal, speeding faster. "I'm sorry... again." Michael paused.
"I just I love you that's all."

"And I love you too but god dammit Michael pull yourself together. You can do as you please but I'm going tonight." Anastasia explained.

"Like I'm going to leave you on your own." Michael scoffed. "But promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise." She smiled.

༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

"Looking sexy." Michael winked as Anastasia walked towards him on the dance floor, they had to come separately so it wasn't too bait.

"Same goes for you." She giggled.

He bowed as he gestured for her hand, "May I have this dance?"

"You May kind sir." She replied sarcastically.

They began to dance, his right hand on her waist and his left hand in her right. She held onto his shoulder as they waltzed around the room. It was a fancy hall, everyone partnering up as they danced the night away. Michael pulled out his pocket watch, eyeing the time.