Duo Play

Callie snowplowed the ice as she came to a complete stop by the board, using her hips to keep the Iceland player in place, she managed to fight for the puck and got it out. Passing it over to Jesse, he sailed towards Iceland side, but waited to pass it to Adam until Callie was up with them. When she was ready and at the line, Adam was tossed the puck. She and Adam quickly crossed one another and hadn't hit each other.

Bombay and Charlie watched, nodding as they waited to see how it would go. Callie with the puck now, she and Adam crossed sides once again and Jesse took a blow and was flipped. Fulton was hit to the boards, but he brought down the Iceland player with him. Adam went and took a shot, but faked the shot and the goalie fell for it. "Now!" Charlie yelled.

Callie came up as she was already behind Adam and retrieved the puck. Going for her shot, it failed when she lost her stick when another stick hit hers from below. The Iceland player and Callie went crashing into the boards together, sliding across the ice and Iceland's goalie managed to save the goal before it slid past the line.

Adam sighed and rolled his eyes, but he worried that Callie was all right or not. The Iceland player got a boost up from his teammate and Adam grabbed Callie's stick, kneeling next to her after a ref had blown their whistle. A face off was to begin to regain possession in one of the team's power.

"You all right, Cal?" He asked.

She nodded, on her stomach and brought her knees below her stomach as she groaned. She had gotten hit pretty hard. She wanted to keep playing, but couldn't make herself. With a deep breath, she took her stick from Adam and stood up. A little wobbly, but she did not eye the bench. If she did, someone would see the pain in her eyes and she would be pulled off. 

Her hip and elbow a little sore, she pulled it off and made it seem like she was okay. At face off, she didn't lower as far as she normally would. It was clearly noticeable, she was half standing up. "I don't think she's fine." Charlie told Bombay.

"Me neither." He answered, a hand on his chin. "I can't call it now. We're too late."

The puck dropped again and Adam passed it over to Callie. She bit her tongue and stopped, the Iceland player skating in front of her and to the boards, she then took off. Heading alongside the boards, she looked up for help and to see where everyone was from her team and the opposing team. A little angered as well from the hit that prevented her from playing well, she put more effort than she usually would and tried her best to stay on her feet.

An Icelandic defender had passed by Fulton, skating over to Callie. Her eyes widened when she noticed the player coming her way. She did not have enough time to react. She lost the puck and was pushed up against the boards as the player's shoulder and side rammed into her. She fell down and felt the wind knocked out of her a little.

Getting back up, she slowly skated across the ice, not interrupting any place since they were all down by USA's net. Bombay opened the door for her and sent Luis out. She pulled her helmet off and blew her messy hair away from her face. 

"You okay, Callie?" Gordon asked her.

She nodded, taking her bottle from Charlie and squirted a bunch into her dry mouth. "I'll be fine. Just give me two minutes."

"You're done for the game, Kiddo...You did well." He patted her shoulder, very proud and impressed with her skills and abilities. He knew she was hurting after the first hit, but seeing her perseverance, it made him smile. He was not worried, she was not crying or upset, she was still smiley and groaned every now and then, but still smiley.

With the puck in the Ducks' zone, Luis managed to grab a hold of it. With his speedy legs and fast moves, he deked a few players while his teammates helped out by trying to knock Icelandic players over or block them. Luis went all the way with the puck and no one was on his tail. Ashe reached the net, he snowplowed the goaltender as he had stopped. Everyone on his bench stood up, their eyes widened. Shocked to see that, they needed to hurry as Iceland was making their way towards their net. "Shoot! Luis!" They all called.

"Ahh!" He called, spooked and shot the puck between the goaltender's feet. With one point behind Iceland, they needed one more guaranteed play in order to finish off the game.

They had two minutes left and the clock ran out quickly.