Wigs and Cafés

A/N i suck, lol. Sorry for starting another story..yeah, hope ya enjoyy x

“Princess, we’re going out for a while, I don’t know when your mother and I will back,” my father sighed, grabbing my hand and twirling me around once. I giggled, but soon stopped, this was normal in my family; my mother and father leave to attend work or whatever they do, and leave me here. My father took a deep breath and bowed, a little tradition him and myself have-he’s the king and I’m the princess. I’ve been acting like a princess for the past year or so, having an absolute obsession with Disney, hence the nickname. I proceed in a curtsey in return and grin, despite my foul mood due to their soon to be departing. 

My mother simply gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving, because of our rocky relationship at the moment. “Why are you leaving?” I breathed in her ear. She rolled her eyes and awkwardly hugged me, and shook her head in response to my question. “Don’t make me tell you,” she whispered back, her voice strained. I backed away from the hug immediately, tears daring to spill from my eyes. I watched as the couple known as my parents hobbled out the door and made their journey to the unknown destination. 

Living alone, has few perks-being able to sing to the birds as loud as you can, no needing to clean up after your nasty step-sisters-wait, what?  It’s actually very lonely, especially when your friends refuse to commit to friendship and show up at your house for a sleepover. The house has been kept in pristine condition; I have absolutely no idea of when my parents could arrive home. Every inch of the house from the modern kitchen with intimidating, shiny benches, to the homey feel of the living room, with the grand fireplace and nil dust. I mainly prefer to stay up in my bedroom alone, watching Disney movies on my laptop.  My room was grand, a large, queen-sized bed in the middle of the room, covered with an airy, white canopy above, the walls painted with a pale pink coat. My father adored having me spoilt, and demanded that I have the very best. My room even involves a small display in which I keep my “princess wigs” on; I have a large collection of various wigs depending on what princess I desire to be that day.  I take a deep sigh; looking over my few clothes that I own-the one thing I have to pay for with my own money. I allow my eyes to quickly scan the items of fabric, before I decide on a DIY Belle dress-golden, with intricate designs of small roses covering the torso. I settle with simple black flats to join with my outfit. I gracefully walk to the bathroom and work on my powdery brunette strands. I come to choose a half-up half-down style, reminding me of Belle. I grin, satisfied with my outfit. 

I decide, being alone, that I am able to leave the household whenever I please, so I decide to head out and grab a coffee.  I unruffled my skirt and smoothened my dress, making sure I looked presentable. I grab a small satchel and gently place it over my shoulder. I have been feigned this princess “act” for so long , that it comes naturally. I soon realized that it mainly takes using simple manners and presenting yourself perfectly. As I stroll out the door, and onto the street, I receive various worried glances from strangers. I simply, brush them off, not caring about their opinion.

 The walk to the local café is only a short five minutes. Once inside, I smelt the familiar coffee beans and rose candle smells. I inhale deeply, and smile-this is my favourite place to escape to.  I peer around at the fellow café visitors and note them-an elderly couple reading the daily newspaper together, a group of teenage girls taking selfies and quietly listening to music and finally, a trio of three boys laughing obnoxiously. I grin at two groups listed, but scowl at the final-idiots. I shake my head quickly and remove the un-ladylike thoughts from my inner monologue. I swallow the thick saliva building up in my mouth and walk gracefully over to the counter.  “Hey Cat, the usual?” The young male, Jeremy, asked from behind the counter grinning. I roll my eyes playfully and nod vigorously, adding a curtsey. He chuckles and shakes his head in response, whilst preparing to serve my order. “So how’s Gaston?” Jeremy jokes, before bending over to get a mug. I giggle hysterically, before replying, “I hate that babbling baboon! Can you believe he actually proposed to me? That self-admiring idiot,” I cross my arms, going along with the act. Jeremy nods his head and agrees, here’s your order Belle!” He smirks and passes over my order. 

After leaving the café, the groups of boys start cackling and following me. “How can I help you boys?” I ask, practicing my British accent. They make their way over to me and stop once they reach about an arm length away. “So what’s your name gorgeous, and why are you pretending to be a stupid Disney character?” I narrow my eyes and listen as the boy in the middle speaks. Scanning my eyes over his features, I soon discover that he is actually quite attractive with pale hazel eyes and auburn hair. I fight the instinct to be rude and simply reply, “It’s Caterline,” I held out my right-gloved hand, whilst clutching my satchel in my left hand. “Caterline?” He asked incredulously, the boys chuckling to themselves. “Yes, and I do not see why that should bother you. What are your names?” I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. They take turns in stating their names as requested, “Dann,” the pale, auburn haired boy in the middle stated, “Mick,” the boy on the right said, bored, he had dark brown hair and a natural tan, “Li,” the final boy grinned, he had blond hair and emerald eyes.  I curtseyed, and readjusted my satchel, “Nice meeting you boys,” I say, attempting to be polite. 

“Cat!” I hear my given name being hollered from behind me. I stop walking and turn around slowly, curious as to who would be calling my name. As I looked, I found the deep voice belonged to Jeremy and he was racing down the street eager to catch up to me. I stand still, waiting for his arrival. “I thought maybe we could have a movie marathon? I just finished work and Faith is busy” He puffed, out of breath. I pout playfully, “So I was your second choice?” I mentally sob in my mind about Jeremy and his girlfriend, Faith, “Sorry babe, I guess it’s just that Faith isn’t annoying, unlike yourself,” He smirks jokingly. I scoff and turn around, walking away. “Wait Caterline, we both know that Faith is the most annoying person I know,” He hushes me like a stereotypical librarian, mentally pleading me not to say anything to Faith. “So how about that movie?”

A/N Idek, was that good? ahaha later, groupe d'amis x