C1 E1; Pilot

Depuis le début

Nick and Monroe were heading down to go below the bridge and found Malia waiting. As they got closer, Malia was hit with the smell of wolfsbane. "You guys reek."
"It's wolfsbane." Monroe explained.
"I know, I can smell it on you."
"I thought you said we couldn't be smelt."
"Not by him, but Malia is a different situation. She's always been able to smell others even when they try masking their scent." Monroe explained.
"Wait what? How do you know that?" Malia demanded.
"We knew each other when we were younger, before you disappeared." The continued towards the house, and Monroe suddenly had to fight the urge to morph. "Sorry."
"Do I need something like silver bullets?" Nick questioned.
"What are you, an idiot?" Monroe snapped. They walked a little further and spotted the postman's house. "That's his place." Monroe morphed again.
"What's happening?" Nick asked before Monroe shifted back.
"I can't guarantee what'll happen if I go any closer. It's too dangerous. I might be on your side. I might be on his side. I might even go after the girl. I'm sorry. But there's nothing more I can do. I'm out of here." Monroe turned and ran back towards his car.

Malia stayed hidden in the shadows as Nick left to meet Hank, who he had called. She tried listening to what was happening inside the house but was struggling because of all the thoughts that were running through her head. Soon Nick and Hank joined her, before they began walking towards the door as Hank interrogated Nick over the lead he had made up. They knocked on the door and it was opened by the suspect. The man instantly gave Malia bad vibes. "Good evening. Can I help you?" The suspect questioned.
"Sorry to disturb you, sir. I'm Detective Griffin. This is Detective Burkhardt. Do you have a few minutes?" Hank said after they saw the man's footwear.
"Of course. Would you like to come in?"
"That would be great." Hank said before the trio walked inside.
"We can sit in here." The man led them into the living room.
"Nice pillows." Hank complimented.
"I did the needlepoint myself. Not that I tell everyone." A timer went off in the kitchen. "Oh, pot pie's done. Just give me a moment, and then we can talk. Okay?" The man left to go to the kitchen.
"Are you kidding me?" Hank questioned Nick in disbelief.
"Hank, I really believe this is the right guy." Nick said before he and Hank went into the kitchen. Malia stayed in the living room having a feeling that something wasn't right with the room.

Malia stayed in the living room whilst Nick and Hank searched the house, as she was not in the occupation to do so. Nick and Hank soon joined Malia, having come up empty. Malia discretely looked at the man who was humming a song that she couldn't place. "If this guy had something to hide, he would have kicked us out. I'm leaving. I want to keep my job." Hank whispered.
"Anything else?" The man asked as the trio headed for the door.
"No. Thanks for your time." Hank answered and nudged Malia to walk in front. "We'll see ourselves out." The trio quickly left the house.
"Hank, I'm sorry. I really thought this time—" Nick began to apologise.
"Wait. The song." Hank interrupted Nick.
"What song?"
"He was humming the same song, the one on the dead girl's iPod." The trio turn to see the postman watching them. He then turned around, and the lights in the house went off. "Malia stay here." Hank ordered before he and Nick went back to the house.

Malia watched as the postman ran outside with Nick and Hank chasing after him. The postman continued to run, despite being told to stop, and Hank shot him multiple times in the back. The postman fell to the ground and retracted, before Nick approached and rolled the postman over. "Where is she? Where is she?"
"Grimm." The postman weakly said before he died.
"She's got to be in the house." Hank suggested before they all ran inside.
"Robin!" Nick and Hank yelled as they ran around the house.
"She's not here." Hank sighed in annoyance. "We're gonna have to call it in. I'll find the breaker." He walked away.
"Nick she has to be here." Malia whispered to Nick not wanting Hank to overhear. "I can sense it." Malia dropped her eyes to the floor and noticed water gathering around a carpet. "Nick, look!"
"Hank!" Nick shouted as he lifted the carpet to reveal a trap door. Nick and Malia rushed down the stairs and found Robin sat on a bed tied up with a gag in her mouth. "Hank, she's here! It's okay, honey." Nick reassured as he quickly untied her hands and take the gag out of her mouth. "We're police."
"Did he hurt you?" Malia asked, causing Robin to shake her head and slump into Malia's arms. The lights turned on and Hank rushed down the stairs. "It's all over now."
"I don't know how you did it, but you did it." Hank said to Nick.
"It's okay now. We're gonna take you home." Malia whispered as she picked up Robin and walked upstairs.

Malia sat opposite Monroe as they caught up on the years that they had missed. They were sat in a comfortable silence before Monroe asked a questioned that shattered the silence and the walls that Malia struggled to keep up. "Why did you disappear?"
"I attacked my foster mom and almost killed her. I felt so guilty that I ran away and got stuck in the body of a Coyote. When I turned back, I found out that she had killed herself. She left a note blaming herself for my disappearance. I caused her to kill herself." Malia sobbed. Despite being an awkward person, Monroe pulled his old friend into a tight hug and waited for her sobs to subside. It took a few minutes before Malia had stopped crying, but her breathing was still uneven.

Malia made her way home after talking to Monroe, to find Nick stood outside waiting. "Hey." She awkwardly greeted.
"Hey, can we talk?"
"You want to know about me, don't you?"
"Yeah, you're not in the book." Nick began when they were inside.
"I already told you that I wouldn't be. My kind used to be almost friends with Grimms, we helped protect them."
"Used to?"
"I'm the last of my kind and I never found my Grimm."
"You're Grimm?"
"My ancestors left journals for the WereCoyotes to come. My kind would help protect all Grimms but we would feel protective over one in particular."
"How did they know that they had found their Grimm?"
"There's different explanation. It's a feeling that I'm supposed to feel. My great great grandmother described it as feeling like she was drowning her entire life, until she met her Grimm."
"Why didn't you tell me what you were?"
"Would you have believed me?"
"Probably not." Nick sighed.
"I'm sorry." Malia whispered as she wrapped her arms around Nick's neck. His arms immediately wrapped around her waist. "I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to put you in danger."
"It's okay." Nick whispered before he pulled away from the hug. "I need to go see Aunt Marie, she's in the hospital."
"Okay, let me know if you need anything."
"I will." Nick then left and Malia went to bed thinking about what was about to happen now that Nick was a Grimm.

A/N: For anyone who is confused about Malia's explanation to Nick about her kind that is the point. The experience of her ancestors were different and they all felt differently so it's difficult for her to explain it clearly to Nick. All you need to know is that a WereCoyote has a Grimm that they want to protect.