I turned to her and wrapped my hand around her wrist to make her stop fiddling with the band.

She tried to break from my grasp but had no avail.

"Stel. Stop."

"I can't. I've been doing it since I was 15."

"15?"

"I-I mean uhh, 18." She panicked.

"Stel. What is it?"

"Just stop Niall. Please. I need a minute." She said an started shaking and taping her foot against the pavement. I let go and she started fiddling with the elastic band.

She looked like a child scared to half death. I walked away from her and she stopped shaking a bit. After a few minutes when she calmed down a bit, I walked back.

"Are you ready to go home?"

"Yes." She answered.

She and I walked over to my car parked from before my trip and opened the door for Stella. I didn't talk to her for the whole ride. She was still playing with that elastic band. She's been doing it since she was 15? It was her boyfriend that hurt her when she was 18. I needed to find out what the hell happened.

We got to my apartment in New York that I hadn't been to in forever. Stella walked in behind me still not talking.

"I'll be back in a minute." I said as I got in my car and drove to the therapist that I found out Stella went to for most of her life. I got there and went to the lady at the front desk.

"I'm looking for Dr. Callahan please." I said as I pulled out my badge.

"Down the hall first door on the left." The woman said.

I knocked on the door when I got to the door and a middle aged brunette opened the door.

"Dr.Callahan. Please come in." She said.

We sat down on the red sofa.

"Do you happen to have Stella Kohl's records as stuff?" I asked as my badge was still visible.

"I need a reason, I sorry, but I can't just give you them."

"Alright, well she is involved in a case my team is working on."

"Alright here." Callahan says as she pulls a folder out of her shelf.

"Thank you."

"She's been through a lot." Callahan answered as she left the room.

"Ok thank you." I said as I opened the files. The newest appointments were first.

Nothing too unordinary was in those files until the end. My fingers skimmed through the many different pages. I finally flipped to the first page. It read:

Name: Stella Kohl

Age: 15

"Dr. Callahan's report: Stella has been in serious condition so far. She has bruises all over her body. Has 30 screws in her knee. Her knee had been dislocated and her MCL,PCL,LCL, and ACL had been all torn in half. She reported to have been abused physically and sexually by her father severely but no charges were pressed by the lack of memory. Father's profession: Paramedic.

We tried the elastic band therapy for then and it seemed to be relieving the fear of getting hurt. Her brother had taken her into his custody.

Cost:60$"

I closed the report and was about to start to look at the other files when I got a phone call from Stella.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Niall, can you come home please. I need you to take me to the hospital."

"Sure. I'm on my way." I answered as I got up and jogged to my car. The car ride was really short and I ran into the apartment lobby and into the elevator. I opened the door to my apartment and saw Stella lying on the ground trying to get up.

I ran over to her and picked her up bridal style. I looked at her knee and saw a screw that was pierced through her skin. I ran to the car and placed her gently in the passenger seat.

"Care to explain?" I asked as I switched on the cop lights and drove to the hospital.

She looked around the car.

"I smashed it into the counter and the screws got mashed up."

"You have screws in your leg?" I asked.

"I know you already know." She said.

I smiled at her and she gave me death glare.

We got to the hospital and I carried her to the front desk. They immediately got a wheelchair and got her a room.

"We need to get a paramedic in here for now to access the wound but a doctor will be here soon." A nurse spoke.

"Ok thank you." I said as she left.

A tall man with grey hair walked in and Stella froze and started playing with the elastic band very fast over and over again. The man walked closer to her and she started to panic extremely. I got the hint that it was her father. The one that beat her and raped her.

I got up for my seat and as he was about to touch her, threw him to the wall. He smashed his head into the wall and I placed my forearm on his neck.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" The man yelled.

"Attempting homocide." I answered sternly.

"I'm calling security." He said.

"I am higher authority than they are, we both are." I said showing him my badge.

"Stella, you are FBI?" He questioned.

"Hands behind your back please sir. Anything you say or so can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford and attorney, one will be provided to you." I said as I tried to turn him over.

"What am I arrested for?" Stella's dad asked.

Physical and sexual abuse in the third degree." I said.

"Stella, honey, you really think your partner can save you?" Her father said as he punched me in the cheek and kicked me to the ground.

"Niall!" She screamed.

I got up as he walked over to Stella. I grabbed his jacket collar and threw him to the ground. I turned him on his stomach and cuffed his hands.

"You are never to lay another finger on my girlfriend or I will kill you." I spat into his ear as I walked over to security and handed him to the tall and older security guard down the hall.

A doctor came running in after me and introduced herself as Dr. Hewitt.

She looked at Stella's knee and flinched.

"How many screws are in that knee in total?" She asked grabbing her clipboard.

"30." Stella answered.

"Ok. We will do reconstructive surgery on that screw and you will have to rest for a day or two and wear a strong brace, maybe crutches for while too." Dr.Hewitt said.

"Alright. Thank you." Stella and I both said at the same time.

----3 Hours Later----

They lifted Stella onto a different stretcher and were rolling her to the operation room.

They stopped before they went in and I kissed Stella's forehead before they took her in for surgery.