★17★ A senpai and a precious kouhai

Start from the beginning

"Every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she's a photographer. Oooooooh, you took a black-and-white picture of a lawn chair and its shadow and developed it at Save-On. You must be so brooding and deep." Airi takes pride in her photography skills and she doesn't like people like Murai who took the course because it was easy without much work. 

"Yuzuriha-san, I know you take this course seriously but at the rate you are going with your work, it makes Murai-san work look better." 

"Fuck you." Airi was really stressed. She doesn't need a teacher to critisize her because she will come back to prove him wrong. 

Leaving her seminar class, she saw Kasamatsu waiting against the wall. Was he waiting for her?

"Hey..." 

"..." 

"Airi, want to go to Maji Burger?" She should ignore him but part of her missed him dearly. She decided to go along with him.

The walk to Maji Burger was a quiet one because she doesn't know what to say and Kasamatsu doesn't want to say anything to make her angry. She's already angry at his answers so he chose to say nothing at all. 

They both ordered their meal and sat at a booth. They both had a brief talk about their day while eating. Talking to Kasamatsu normally felt really nice...

...

"You shouldn't let your worries affect your school life." Kasamatsu said as they made their way home. He said he will walk her to her friend's apartment...

"..." He heard her conversation with her teacher... 

"I know you don't acknowledge me as your boyfriend anymore but I am still your senpai. I wouldn't want to see my own kouhai like this."

"You obviously don't care about me enough since you got another girl pregnant..." 

"I know you can't accept the apologize at the state you are in. Listen to me, I am still here for you. Even if you push me away, I will come and catch your tears if you feel like crying." 

"Please stop it..." 

"I won't stop." 

"You're making it hard for me to hate you..." 

Kasamatsu smiled a little, "But isn't it because you never hated me in the first place?" 

"..." 

"You can stop me being your boyfriend but you can't stop me being a senpai to you." 

"Senpai, you're being too forceful about this..." 

"It's fine. If I can be with my precious kouhai, it's fine like this." 

"S-senpai... T-That's not how it works... You..." There's no way she can forget how and why she fell in love with Kasamatsu Yukio. He has always been her precious senpai, there's no way she wouldn't want him to stop being her senpai. Ever. 

"Hey, don't cry..." He wanted to hug her but he knew she would just push him away. He refrained himself and resorted to wiping her tears away. 

"You're not supposed to be anywhere near me! I-I said already that you are no longer my boyfriend, you can't just... Uwaaah!!" 

"You're right. I am not your boyfriend but that doesn't mean I am not your senpai. If I see my own kouhai stressing out, how can I stand by and watch you be upset on your own? Come here..." She put her hands on his chest to stop her coming close to her but he didn't care anymore and brought her to an embrace. 

"Senpai, no..."

"Once this whole thing clears... I'll come back to you, as your boyfriend. Just wait a little longer for me." 

"Senpai, you are so mean... You're the worst..." 

"I am. It's fine though." 

Yukine attempted many times and she finally did it. She finally accessed Kasamatsu Yukio's email account. She's a genius! 

"Kise! Come here! I finally did it!" She called Kise from her bedroom and he came in with only a towel wrapped around his waist because he had finished with his shower.

"You did it? What did you do?" 

"Access my brother's email account."

"Cool. What was the password?" 

"I-will-hit-you." 

"..." Why wasn't Kise surprised at all? He knew Kasamatsu liked to hit people to vent off his own frustrations but he never thought he would actually set that as a password too.

"Anyway, my brother was right, he never got an email from that girl once." 

"Really?! Then that means- Wait, what if he had deleted them?" 

"Impossible, my brother is quite bad with technology." 

"Eh? Really..."

"Uh-huh, knowing him, he would only read the emails and not delete them. That is my brother, I know what he's like and he's a bit of an airhead when it comes to these things.

"What now?" 

A soft melody sounded and a new email was received. 

"Hmm..." Yukine clicked open the email and read it. "Takahashi Rin, you piece of crap..." 

"Eh?! An email from her?!" Kise looked at the screen and there really was an email with her name on it. 

"'Kasamatsu-kun, how are you? I am fine. I will arrive in Japan tomorrow for a holiday. I can't wait to see my family and some friends. Looking forward to see you too!'." Yukine read the email and then she pressed for a reply.

"Yukine-senpai? What are you doing? Why are you telling her to meet at Tsukihana University?" 

"..." Yukine said nothing and she hit the send button. She's got it all planned out. She doesn't care if she's going to hurt anyone's feelings by asking her to come to the University because she was doing this for her brother. 

"What if Airicchi sees her? What if Kasamatsu-senpai sees her?" 

"Trust your senpai, freshman!" Yukine gave Kise a strong look. A look that told Kise that she knows she what she's doing and there's no need to worry at all. 

Kise wrapped his arms around her shoulders and kissed her on the cheek.

"I trust you."