Chapter 9: The truth in that substance

Start from the beginning

"If you trap her you are only going to hurt her. Remember?" I asked. His expression softened a bit. He still liked her, and regrets what he did but i don't give a shit. Point is, i'm not giving Lucy to some guy who can't even treat her right.

I felt a tug on my arm, a soft one. I looked to see Lucy smiling up at me. Of course, i'm taller so she has to look up. Heh, the advantages of being tall.

"All the nice jobs are taken, so you wanna go out?" she asked, "Besides, i'll treat you like a guest since you can't go back yet."

"That's perfectly fine with me, blondie." i replied.

"Good, let's do it tonight! At around six? Magnolia is really lively in the night." she pointed out. I could feel the piercing gaze from her team members, but i couldn't care less. As long as i was with Lucy, i'm fine.

"That's just perfect." i replied. She smiled at me, before Happy flew above her head.

"Lu-shee, Sting-kun is bad! He is----"

I jumped onto him and covered his mouth. I brought my mouth close to his ears. I whispered something to him and he stopped wiggling, before becoming a perfect little angel.

"He's what?" asked Lucy.

"He's a pervert!" he replied, covering up easily. Lucy laughed.

"He has made it clear as day to me already." she said, and when she laughed, the panic in my heart soothed. She was like the calm, serene sound of waves crashing on each other.

"Lu-chan! I knew you would sneak out on me and go talk to Sting!" accused a voice, and Levy stomped up to her friend. Lucy sweat-dropped. Did she really leave her friend for me?

"Hush!" said Lucy embarrassed, before dragging her friend away.

"Ne ne, when do i get my fish now?" asked Happy from behind.

"You coaxed him with fish? You're a smart boy, Eucliffe, it seems i underestimated your great power." praised Erza. What power? My awesome skills that fangirls die for? Yeah, i'd like to think that.

TIMESKIP

I was literally having a panic attack inside of me. Here i am, at six in the evening, walking with Lucy in the bright lively city of Magnolia. Every now and then, i would stare at her hand. Should i hold it? I want to...

The hell.

Wait a second.

I said i wanted to hold her hand and my body just literally moved on its own holding her hand! She looked at me before smiling. What.

"Wanna check out the club?" she asked, twirling in circles as her dress twirled like an umbrella around her. It was about...well....a bit above the knees. Did she say club? THE Lucy said club?

"Relax, i don't do that often. But i figured that maybe you'd want to so i gotta try." she said, sheepishly rubbing her nose.

"Well since you tried, i don't want to put your efforts in vain. Let's go!" i said, as she led me towards the club she mentioned. She said we weren't far, but i found it hard to believe her.

I was hearing music, loudly, and it echoed all around us. As we got closer, it got louder and louder. I had to shout over the music to talk to Lucy.

"WHERE ARE WE?!" I exclaimed.

"This is the best club in the city! People come from all over!" she exclaimed, leading me inside. We had to show our ID cards, before they opened the doors. Inside was a shit load more louder than outside. Lucy wasn't affected one bit!