Chapter two; Headquarters

Start from the beginning

"Cora! Aimée!" a shrill voice echoed through the entrance hall, and soon all three of the teenagers were engulfed in a hug.

"Sophie, it's good to see you..." Cora whispered in the tiny blondes ear.

"Yeah, I heard the alarm stop like that and i only know two people that can do that!"

"I'm glad to hear that we have a reputation about that at least." Aimée commented.

"Well, anyways, the boss wants to see you, Cora."

At that, Cora groaned and sighed. "Alright then..." And with that she started to walk forward, completely forgetting about the girls that were basically stuck to her. The dim light of the chandelier shone beautifully on their skin, and the scene seemed to be almost perfect.

Then she fell. Face planted on the ground.

"Cora you absolute idiot." Aimée sighed in disappointment and slight amusement.

She quickly recovered, shook the small girl off of her and set off towards her father's office with Michelle in tow.

The manor was huge.

On the first floor resided an entrance hall, a staircase that led up to the second floor and a ballroom right behind said stairs. When you come through the door that leads from the entrance hall there are two rooms on either side of the stair and ballroom that was straight ahead. To the right there was a living room and beyond that the boss's office was with a direct attachment to the system controls.

The room where the actual system resided was in the other side of the manor, right beyond the conference room. While the boss could control most of it and create groupings, the systems own code could not be completely controlled.

In the conference rooms there was a rectangular table with a head chair and five chairs on either side of the table, where the higher ups of the mafia held their meetings undisturbed.

On the second floor there were rooms, eight of them. Two of them in the front left of the manor had been reserved for Cora and Aimée and while Michelle had just come here, they suspected they would be stuck here for a while, they had a reserved room for her too.

When you come up the stairs you would immediately greeted by two hallways, one going towards the back of the manor and one towards the front. On the part going towards the front the hallway splits up in three, making two slightly bent hallways, the one on the left hand side bending away from the front and the one on the right hand side bending towards the front, and it was there the girls rooms resided. The rest of the five rooms that were not reserved were used for bigger meetings and if someone needed a place to go (It was on Cora's and Aimée's behalf that they even existed).

The moment cora stepped out of the entrance hall with Michelle, her demeanor changed drastically and she stood up straight with an unbothered look on her face. Michelle realised that the surroundings had changed as well as her acquaintance had. The hallway seemed cold, the wood was no longer comforting and the temperature fluctuated just a slight bit, barely noticeable.

Cora trudged towards the door on their right side and swung it open. This room was just as cold as the previous one and was giving them both chills. Cora hesitated at the closed door leading into the boss' office before knocking three times.

"Come in." Came a gruff voice from inside the thick wooden door, styled after the entrance door as well. The voice was expressing an enormous amount of anger and desperation and Cora found herself once again hesitating, but decided to open the door either way.

"Father." She whispered as she stepped into the room, Michelle hesitantly following right after. Cora shot her a look that told her to close the door and so she did.