Keifer and Francis looks at each other with confused faces.

"You're getting close to Selina to have enemies closer." Mackie says nodding his head with an impressed smile.

"She's just a friend, mack" Keifer says, patting his shoulder.

After this conversation, Keifer headed back to Selina and they talked until others came, once Keifer noticed Lucas making his way to the building he went back to Mackie and Francis.

Everyone looked at the last to arrive, Lucas.

"I don't need a guard dog, Keifer" Mackie says whispering.

"I'm not a guard dog, just a faithful protective puppy." Keifer says in response as he smiles at his answer.

"Hm. Okay" Mackie whispers.

Lucas notices the boys and pass by them without a word.

"Welcome everyone!" Paul says in the microphone.

"We're going into the stadium to meet with your coaches.. the stadium is where your rehearsal and performances will be, but right now you're only getting your challenges for the week." Paul explains as he puts his mic down and gestures for everyone to follow him.

They take an elevator to the 2nd floor and walk into a massive room with chairs like in a stadium, as they get closer to the stage they see their coaches seated at different places with envelopes in their hands.

"Hi Sir, how are you?" Keifer shouts from the aisle to his coach, Leo.

The boys meet their coach and he hands the three boys envelopes, they open it at the same time and it's as reads:

"In order to get to know each other better, you will be partnered with someone else in the competition. You will sing the song we have chosen."

The boys became wide eyed and were shocked.

"Huh!?" The three boys say.

"Come on guys, it's fine, turn your cards." Leo insist.

The boys sighed and turned their cards slowly,

"Ashlee Harold."

"Noah Brown."

"........"

"Lucas Belo." Keifer gulps.

"What!? Switch with me!" Mackie demands.

"No it's fine mackie. Better me than you two." Keifer shakes his head.

"You're not allowed to switch." Paul interferes.

Mackie looks from Paul to Keifer with worried eyes.

"It's fine, what song are you guys going to sing?" Keifer smiles, trying to lighten the mood.

"Price tag" Francis shares sadly.

Mackie sighs and sits down on the folded padded chairs.

Keifer over looks him and sighs, "I'll manage Mack. Focus on your challenge."

"fine. I'll be checking up on you though." Mackie says.

"If it makes you feel better" Keifer says smiling.

"I have sunflower by Post Malone." Mackie says.

"Oh, aha Spider-Man? I have Better Now by Post Malone." Keifer adds.

"Okay, let's just get over this week so we can go back together." Mackie sighs.

Paul clears his throat to get everyone's attention,

"Excuse me, from now on you don't have to come here every week to get your challenges, I'll be busy from now onwards. You'll only see me for performances. You'll be getting your challenges mailed to you every week so watch out for them." Paul says.

"Then you have around 5-6 days to prepare, performances are on Sunday. Please be prepared. Good luck have fun." Paul says.

Everyone starts heading back to the elevator, as Mackie and Keifer wait for Francis at the aisle, Lucas passes by them,

"We will have fun, right Keif?" Lucas smirks at Mackie and looks to Keifer.

Mackie returns his smirk with a disdainful face and Keifer with a disgusted face.

Lucas laughs at their faces and leaves.

———————-
Authors note

As promised an update on Tuesday!

Next update; I will try for Thursday!

Thanks for reading, see you next time!