Chapter 2

Glen's POV

When I arrived home today, I had a very peculiar mood. I've been feeling peculiar all day. I couldn't quite place it. My mother must have noticed it as we were dinning because she asked: "What happened? If I didn't know you I'd say you look giddy." She said it in an absolutely neutral tone and both my parents looked at me curiously. I just shrugged, trying to get into the usual nasty mood that was sticking to me ever since the school started.

My 29 years old brother, Ian, frowned at me and then a wide excited smirk appeared on his face. "You shagged someone, didn't you?" Father smacked him over the head.

"Language!" mom exclaimed and when Ian started arguing that shagging was a perfectly acceptable word and what would they have him call it, I used the opportunity to sneak to my room.

It wasn't until I went to bed that I've realised the cause of all this. I lied down, closed my eyes – then and there, in the dark and silence with nothing to disturb me, the first thing that flooded my mind and inner sight was... you know what, it's fucking absurd, I won't even say it....

----

..... Ok, so it was Ollie...

He came back yesterday and this was his second day in school. He's changed a bit, he has longer hair – it's still short, about 3 centimetres but it looks way better than the extra short haircut he had last year because the unusual brown-red colour of his hair is more visible now. And he is tanned, God, it looks great on him. He's gone from an unhealthy vampirish pale to light bronze which goes perfectly with his chocolate brown eyes. I can't make fun of him anymore by saying he looks like a monk from a medieval monastery. I'll think of something else, I guess, but it gets harder when someone's so good-looking. Fortunately for all of us, he didn't notice it about himself yet and probably never will. Well, unless that new guy – (Leo? God, that sounds so gay) – starts encouraging him. Today during the lunch, even though he was pretty quiet since I was there, he constantly looked at Ollie in a very annoying manner. But Ollie didn't notice, ah well, cheers for his naivety and innocence. Sometimes he pisses me off, though, like when he couldn't say no to Janette. It is obvious he doesn't have time for her and he just couldn't bloody say no. He is absolutely hopeless when it comes to standing up for himself. Weird as ever, why am I surprised...

Next day, after a tedious double lesson of Chemistry, Sheryl and Diane passed me by in the class and giggled like crazy. I didn't know what to make of it – let me tell you, girls are a big bloody puzzle and sometimes I just don't feel like solving it. Later, when I was on my way to History class, I saw them again and they were looking right at me, talking in low voices. I actually thought Sheryl was a nice girl, Diane was a bitch, but Sheryl seemed like a sweet girl. Except now I started to have doubts about it. Even Martin and Julian noticed them and made some supposedly funny remarks – not really. They left me to go for a lunch – of course they don't have History. They don't have most of my other subjects for that matter, so it sometimes gets really hard to act as a group when we almost don't have any lessons together. But there are still things connecting us such as being twats to losers and Ollie plus playing basketball. And the girls dig us. Hanging out with them can be a total blast, they're running around, being total dimwits and I laugh at them or I'm trying to explain something to them and they entertain me with their ridiculous questions and comments. And I can always persuade them to do what I want. Still, having fun is the only thing I really care about when it comes to people – what else is there?

***

I entered the History classroom followed by few others who were late and sat right behind Ollie and Leo, still a bit irritated about the girls and the fact that Leo sat next to Ollie didn't help. Ollie doesn't have friends – never had one – and I didn't like the idea of him and Leo forming any kind of connection, but I guess it was because I didn't like losers in general. I sighed and began paying attention to teacher rather than the two outcasts in front of me.