"Let's get to class," she said to Mandy who simply nodded her head with a small smile.

During the first half of the day, she could barely focus in her classes as she found her mind wandering back to the words in the card. 

From what was written, she could tell that it was Mason who had put the card in her locker. But she found it odd that she hadn't seen him before she went to her first class and also during the first break when they would usually meet up.

And now that it was lunch time, she couldn't stop herself from looking around once in a while, wondering if Mason was going to join them. 

"Why do you keep looking around?" Mandy asked. 

"I'm just wondering if Mason is coming to join us."

"Speaking of Mason, you seem pretty distracted today," Mandy said.

"What do you mean?"

"During class, I noticed that you were looking out of the window for most of the time and you barely wrote anything down which isn't like you. Is something wrong?" 

For a moment, Nadia contemplated whether or not to show Mandy the card to get her opinion. 

What could go wrong? she thought to herself as she reached into her bag and pulled out the card.

"Tell me what you think of this," Nadia said as she handed it to Mandy. Mandy took it and read it.

"You have a secret admirer? That's so cute," she said to Nadia, a large smile on her face. Nadia felt a small smile appear on her lips.

"You think so?" 

Mandy nodded.

"Do you know who it is? Or do you have any guesses?" 

"I feel like it's Mason," Nadia told her, biting her lower lip nervously. 

"You guys would be so cute together!" Mandy said, causing Nadia to chuckle slightly.

"But I haven't seen him since the morning and I'm beginning to doubt it," she told Mandy. 

"But you don't have any classes with him today."

"I know but usually we still meet up during breaks and lunch." 

"Maybe he's not at school today," Mandy said as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"But he didn't send me a text that he wasn't coming today." 

Lunch quickly ended and Nadia was once again in a class. And as the class dragged on, she couldn't stop thinking about Mason, hoping that everything was alright. As the time for the last class approached, she found herself counting down the minutes. But she was interrupted when two people entered the class with a box of roses. 

"We're here to deliver roses to some people," one of them told the teacher who gestured for them to give out the roses. And that was when she remembered that it was Valentines Day. With everything going on, she had completely forgotten that Valentines Day existed. One by one, different names were called out. And as the girls went up to receive their roses, people began to cheer for them. 

Nadia tuned out the names as she returned her attention to the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. But her attention was returned to the people delivering the roses when she felt someone tap her.

"They said your name," the guy sitting beside her said. 

Surprised, she looked at the people at the front of the class as they repeated her name. With rigid movement, she wheeled herself to the front and received a bouquet of roses. And as she returned to her desk, she couldn't ignore the whispers that she heard.