'I will.' Brooklyn steps forward. 'Since you've already got my set-up and then after we can arrange everything how Alyssa wants it.'

'Are you okay with that?' Adam looks at Alyssa.

'Yeah.' Alyssa starts.

'Great.' Adam says. 'Let's get started then.' Brooklyn walks into the booth, puts the earphones on and they start recording. After half an hour and only a few takes, they have the final piece.

Once Brooklyn has finished, she steps out of the booth and helps Adam set up for Alyssa. Five minutes later, Alyssa is in the booth recording her song. Brooklyn is sat on the sofa watching her. Ten minutes in, Ben Platt walk in and sits next to Brooklyn.

'Hey.' He whispers.

'Hey.' Brooklyn whispers back.

'So, this is Alyssa?' Ben asks.

'Yeah.' Brooklyn nods, smiling. Ben sees how proud she looks of Alyssa.

'You really love her, don't you?'

'I do.' Brooklyn grins.

'I'm sorry about your foster parents.' Ben sympathises. 'If I had know about how they felt about LGBTQ+, I would never have given you the idea to come out to them.'

'Ben, you weren't to know.' Brooklyn shakes her head. 'Don't blame yourself. It's my fault. I should have known how they felt and went straight to CPS or to Trav.'

'Now it's my turn to say don't blame yourself.' Ben raises an eyebrow. 'You can't blame yourself for other people's ignorance. You're a strong, independent girl, Bryn. You've had to grow up fast. Too fast. Enjoy being a teenager because, let me tell you, adulting is hard.' Brooklyn looks at Ben and smiles slightly.

'How long are you in Seattle for?' Brooklyn asks.

'Another couple of days.' Ben replies. 'I was going to message you and see if you wanted to meet up for a coffee or something.'

'We could go after Alyssa has finished recording.' Brooklyn suggests.

'Don't you have to get going back to your group home?' Ben raises his eyebrow again.

'Ugh.' Brooklyn groans. 'I don't want to go back yet.' She shakes her head. 'Pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee.' She begs.

'Fine.' Ben gives in. 'Only if you and Alyssa record something with me first.'

'Deal.' Brooklyn nods. Ben looks at her weird. 'When have I ever turned down a chance to sing with you?' She laughs.

'Fair point.' Ben laughs. 'What do you want to do?'

'We could do something from Sing To Me Instead?' Brooklyn suggests. 'Alyssa and I, obviously, know all the lyrics to all the songs.'

'Which song though?' Ben asks.

'Surprise us.'

.

Its been a few hours. Ryan has been called to the group home where Brooklyn has been placed, though he's not sure why. He knocks on the door and a few minutes later, the head care worker, Charlie Johnson, answers the door.

'Hi, officer.' Charlie nods. 'Come in.' She steps aside and lets Ryan in.

'What's going on?' Ryan questions.

'We have a missing resident.' Charlie states. 'She's not meant to go out on her own for long because of things that have happened recently, I can't really go into details.'

'When was the last time you saw her?' Ryan queries.

'Breakfast time so it was about 8, maybe half 8 this morning.' Charlie replies. Ryan looks at his watch and sees that it's coming up to 9pm and writes in his little notebook. 'Her name is Brooklyn Montgomery.'

~~

EXAMS ARE NEARLY DONE!!! YAAASSS! IT'S THE FINAL PUSH! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! WOOOHOOOO!

Let me know what you think of this chapter!

Much love