I shrug, "I don't know about you guys but I'm not all that interested in making new friends. I love the four of us just how we are,"

"Aw shux Indie, I love you too," Scott walks over, perfect timing like always, and throws an arm over my shoulder.

I roll my eyes and shrug off his shoulder, just as Kay hands me my phone, "I wrote back," she says innocently, then she winks and saunters off to the lifts.

I don't bother checking the text but instead follow them into the lifts and onto the third level to the couches, our lunch spot.

Kay's phone vibrates as we're all sitting down, she grabs her phone from her bag and impatiently opens a text. We crowd over to see. "who is this???" that's what it says.

"Oh my god its from Cooper." She sighs, frustrated, running her small hands through her golden blonde hair. "Why me!? Oh my goddd this is so annoying! Why does MY buddy have to be stupid Cooper!? Gahhh!"

I laugh, spearing a tomato from the salad I just opened, "Want me to swear for you?" I offer.

"Yes please, jokes don't, but thanks,"

Kay doesn't swear. She's against swearing, it's really cute.

"Oh god, I hate Cooper! Whyyyy, why him!?"

We all laugh. Cooper's Kay's neighbour. They used to be friends when they were little, then they got into a huge dramatic argument and since then they absolutely don't get on. It's funny though, because Kay gets on with absolutely everyone.

"Oi, Indigo!" I hear someone shout from behind me.

I take a deep sigh and turn around from where I am on the couch.

"What do you want Tex?" I ask impatiently, noticing a couple friends standing with him.

He lifts an eyebrow, clearly surprised that this time I'm not telling him in vain that my name is Indie not Indigo or anything else. I can't be bothered today.

"So Indigo," he says it again, really slow and drawn out because he knows it'll annoy me, "Indigo, Professor Lehman wants you to redo your English assignment." He says smugly. I want to wring his neck off, and to think I only met this guy five months ago when college started. I hate answering him because it's so immature but I can't let him walk away with the satisfaction of owning me.

"Texy," I say slowly, watching him squirm, I know that his mom calls him Texy, and it irritates him.

"Aw cute, you guys have pet names for each other!" Scott coos.

I send him a glare. It's far from a pet name when I call Tex that.

"Tex, stop putting me down to try and make yourself feel smarter,it never works because we both know your a dumb ass." I shoot.

He nods, feigning consideration, "But see, Indigo, I was serious when I said what I did." He says innocently, but we can all hear the underlying sarcasm.

"Well, so was I," I copy his oh so innocent voice.

He smirks, "Whatever India, you just wait for tomorrow when Prof Lehman shouts at you because you never redid you essay. Don't say I didn't warn ya babe!"

I scowl at him and throw him the finger. He just smiles and walks away. See, the sad thing is, he really can be hot. I mean he's really good looking. The whole dark hair, tan skin, green eyes, tall. In fact, he's probably the most good looking guy I know. It's just that when he starts speaking its like bam-ruined. I can't even thing of him as hot because the whole image is ruined by his personality.

"I don't know who my buddy is yet... " Tina complains, chewing on a huge wad of gum.

"Well, why don't you just take initiative and text them instead?" Kay suggests.

"Now that's an idea," Scott says between bites of his huge sandwich. "Come to think of it I haven't even texted my person yet, I should." He nods to himself.

"Ind, you okay?" Kay leans over, looking at me intensely.

I grit my teeth, "I'm fine. It's just that douchebag he gets at my skin." I say, aggravated.

She nods sympathetically, "Don't let him get to you Ind, your so much better than him."

"Exactly," Tina agrees, "he's a dumb fuck."

I laugh at that. "Thanks guys,"

*

It's way later that night as I'm lying in bed watching some lame tv show when I get a surprising text. It's from the unknown number and it says, "huh, so your a girl then, sweet. I'm a guy. How old are you?"

I'm so confused so I scroll up and roll my eyes to see that Kay had written earlier, "Hey, I love this idea, we should talk all the time I'm a girl by the way what are you?"

I grit my teeth and refrain from jumping onto Kay's bed and strangling her in her sleep. calling her up and strangling her over the phone.

I don't know why, maybe because I'm kinda bored but I decide to write back.

"I'm 19. This is really weird bc I don't know who I'm texting, wtvr. Anyways, we're supposed to get to know each other right? So what's your fav color?"

I send the text and then continue watching the show. My phone buzzes a couple minutes later, it's from him. "Lame, clichéd first question much, but ill answer anyway ;) I like dark blue. What abt urs? I'm 20 btw."

I like his guy. I smile and type back, "Don't have a fave color really, it was a lame q :) so your 20, I wonder if I've ever seen you around, it's so weird. I wud ask favorite food but you'd probably cringe at the lameness so I'll just ask how many kids in your family?" He answers quite quickly; "Your kinda funny, there's two of us, me and an older sister.

Question, why r u awake?"

I glance at the clock and notice its 2am.

"Um, I don't know, I'm not such a sleeper. Me and my bed aren't such good friends...? You?" I send.

"Oh, me and my bed are best friends but I can never really fall asleep so I pretty much count sheep until my eyes eventually drift closed."

"A little insomniac aren't you? ;)"

"You could say that :), so how many kids in ur fam?"

"There's three of us, me, a younger brother and an older brother." I write back.

It's different, I'm not so used to talking about myself.

"Sweet. Friends?" he asks.

"Wait, your asking if I have friends? If so, I do. Three best friends that I love. You?" I ask back.

"None."

"None? You have no friends?"

"Yup, I'm pretty much friendless." he writes.

Whoa.

"Shame?"

"Mmm. I manage."

"I can be your friend?" I offer, despite myself. I'm going out of my comfort zones like Kay always tell me I should.

"Haha thanks. Maybe one day."

Was that rejection? Whatever, I wasn't serious to begin with. I've never even met the guy anyway.

"K, I should probably get to bed, with school and all tomorrow." I write.

"k, goodnight."

"You too. Speak to you tomorrow?"

I don't get a reply. I keep checking my phone as I get ready for bed, and then once more before I'm about to dose off but no reply comes.

Finally, I fall into a deep sleep.