Started Off

Hotoke Aihara, a man who was basically a god of death, was a wannabe hero alongside many others. Some say he scouts out victims, but really, he scouts out friends more than anything. He was always feared for his soul-harvesting quirk, so people stayed clear of him. He was never in a good mood because of the constant lack of people. However, if he made a good impression with the class rep, maybe, he could get enough recognition. Maybe they'll see him as less as a killing machine, even though he couldn't even kill someone at his power level; He could just absorb some soul power. But that's it.

He shook his head at the thought of everyone being more scared of him than Bakugo, and walked right into class. It didn't take long to notice Iida yelling at Tokoyami for sitting on a desk. Aihara itched his neck a little bit as he walked over. "There's a chair right there," He pointed to the chair that belonged to the desk the bird-like student sat upon. Tokoyami just shrugged.

"Aihara, you understand the obvious too. Tokoyami, the desks are not what's meant to be sat on!" He made his signature aggressive hand motions as he yelled. Aihara was starting to get uncomfortable from the yelling. Not because he didn't like Iida or people enforcing rules, no, he loved those. He just didn't like that Iida was practically yelling in his ear, which picked up the yelling ten times easier since they were so large and pointed. He moved his hand to Iida's arm, trying to calm him down. Iida slowly quieted down his yelling and turned his head to Aihara. Iida sighed, taking off his glasses and cleaning them with his uniform sleeve. "Just get off the desk, Mr. Aizawa will head in any minute now," Iida slowly walked to his seat. Aihara was startled; he actually calmed him down. He stood there for a second, before running to his seat right as Aizawa walked right into the classroom.

"Get off the desk," Aizawa glared. He sighed, "I don't get paid enough for this."

After class, a few students went up to the indigo haired boy. 

"How did you calm down Iida that easily?"

"You must have some kind of charm!"

"Are you magic?"

"Tell me your secrets!"

Aihara backed away from the students, "Uhm...Uhm..."

"Leave him alone."

The students directed their heads towards the voice, which obviously belonged to their class rep. The students rolled their eyes and backed away from Aihara, leaving said male face to face with the rep. Aihara's hairs began to stand on end, as he worried that he did something wrong. Was Iida going to get annoyed at him? Oh no. Iida walked past Aihara, giving him a pat on the back. Aihara looked over at Iida, and he gave him a smile. A confident and heartwarming smile. A smile that can make you smile too. That's how Aihara would always describe it.

"Thanks, Aihara. I look forward to training with you! Let's do our best today!" Aihara chuckled a little at Iida, but nodded.

"Me too, Iida," his heart thumped. And thumped. Oh no. This isn't about popularity. This is about Iida. And Iida alone.