Chapter 21: A Mermaid's Will

Start from the beginning

Though my heart was unsettled, my face and body were not. I stood strong, my dark brown pants which were tucked neatly into long black boots had no dirt on them. My loose white blouse slightly moved in the breeze. My body had become stronger, more lean, and my breasts had finally slightly developed. My waist slimming and my face devoid of baby fat. My eyes sharper, a little colder.
My pink hair was tied back in a simple braid except for a few pieces that weren't long enough to be pulled back and my bangs.

"I wish not for immortality. I wish for strength to defy fate, strength to defy men who dare to lessen my power, and strength to survive" My voice had become more refined, solid, willful. The Queen's training I was under taught me confidence and eloquence which I did not posses before. Though I was educated as a lady, I did not take it into practice into my everday life. I lived spoiled and free under my parent's care. I was still ignorant despite over 40 years of knowledge and memories, and I would remain so if I didn't change. I let the nightmares haunt me instead of confronting them. The Fairy Kingdom seemed more like a vacation and business transaction than actual progress despite the grandeur I saw and experienced. My time in Karmillia was the most eye opening, under the direct tutelage of the Queen in etiquette and socializing, economy and rule under the King and Crown Prince, and sword training under my second Uncle the Commanding General of the Karmillian Army.

The mermaid finally spoke once more, "You don't crave revenge nor immortality... but strength. To defy fate? Come here child, let me see what fate you wish to defy" I moved towards her, fascinated with her tail and exposed body. Her thin elegant hand was stretched out towards me as I kneeled before her, her cold fingers swept across my forehead, a slight electrical jolt going through me.

She gently pulled her hand away, but I kept my head down respectfully as she went silent before a small hum came out.

"I see... what nasty endings..." she murmured, though her voice held no pity or empathy.
"Very well, I will allow you to train under me. Your will is desirable. You must first pass the three tests of the Mermaid Clan before we will allow you to drink the elixir of our warriors to be accepted as an apprentice" I raised my head finally and nodded.
Her smile was captivating as it was terrifying. She screamed power and tyranny, and my heart shook with fear and excitement. So fearsome.

The three tests of the Mermaid Clan were strength, intelligence, and will. A Mermaid's Will was considered unbreakable. It was what made them fierce warriors, it was what drove their power forth.

It was what I wanted.

"Child. Rosalia. I am Eviquence, Queen of the Mermaids. Leave behind your moral name and give me the name of a Mermaid Warrior" Her strong tone jolted me, as I started at her startled.
Change my name? She basically meant for me to choose a Warrior's Name.

The name of a warrior.

A Romain goddess of force, power, and strength. Sister to Nike and Kratos.
Bia.

"Then my name will be Bia. I will represent power" I declared boldly.
The Queen's smile widened, her golden eyes glowed before I felt my head begin to weigh down.

"Very well child. Let the first challenge begin. Strength" She said, before I heard the sea become disturbed and another mermaid leave the sea. Golden hair and sharp golden eyes, pale skin with rosy lips. Her long tail disappeared and two legs appeared. She was completely nude but it felt as if I was looking upon a statue and not a woman. Her elegance and graceful steps on the white sand were beautiful.