Chapter 6: And I Am Iron Man

Start from the beginning

*Tony's POV*

"Hey." I said as I fly over to Strange, after he took care of a large group of monsters. "You said one out of 14 million, we win, yeah? Tell me this is it." I plead to Strange. "If I tell you what happens, it won't happen." He replied as I give him a worried look before he goes and continues to fight.

I get back into battle as I blast some monsters, even Pepper, now wearing her suit, comes in and helps me. 

Then (y/n) comes over and helps as she blast the ones we couldn't get to while Thanos's ship started firing at us. Then Pepper gasps and she lands down as she calls out to (y/n).

*(y/n)'s POV*

"(Y/N)!" I hear a voice call out. I turn around to see a blue Iron Man suit behind me, then the helmet comes off to reveal Pepper. "Pepper!" I exclaimed and I run over to her and hug her as well. "Oh my God!" She cries with relief as she hugs me back.

"You're back! You're back!" She exclaims in tears as she kisses the top of my head. "You're sister will be so excited." She said and I shot my head up at her in shock.

"Sister?!" I said. "D-did your dad not tell you?" She asked me. "No...we didn't have time to catch up. We are in the middle of a war zone." I replied and she rolls her eyes. "Anyway...you have a five year old sister. Congratulation, big sis!" Pepper said to me and I just look at her in shock.

"Well....looks like I owe my sister five birthday presents." I said and Pepper laughs just as I hear Pete through my communicator

"Help! Somebody, help!" He shouts and I look around then I go over to help him as I hear Steve say. "Hey, Queens. Heads up." And just as I make it over to Pete he had web slinged Thor's hammer and it pulls him away. 

"Hang on. We got you, kid." Pepper said as we grab Pete then place him on a freakin' Pegasus. "Hey! Nice to meet--- Oh! My God!" He shouts as they fly down towards the battle.

Thanos's ship kept firing down on us but then suddenly, the guns fire up towards the sky. "What the hell?" I asked, confused, as everyone looks up. "Friday, what are they firing at?" Dad asked his AI. "Something just entered the upper atmosphere." She replied just as I see a large yellow-orange glow appear in the sky then it flies into Thanos's ship a few times, destroying it.

I fly away then over to Pete, who was coward down in a ditch, holding the gauntlet like his life depended on it.

"Pete." I said as I land next to him when a blonde haired woman lands down in front of us. "Hi. I'm Peter Parker." He greets, timidly. "Hey, Peter Parker. Got something for me?" She asked with a smile and he hands her the gauntlet. "I don't know how you're gonna get through all that." Peter said as he points out the army behind her. 

"Don't worry." Wanda said as she flies over to us. "She's got help." An African American woman said as her, Wanda, Pepper, Mantis, and a few other women I didn't recognize come to Blondie's aid. I go and help Pete up to his feet and we continue to fight.

*Tony's POV*

I watch as Danvers punches Thanos a few times but he punched her back and he slips on the gauntlet. He was about to raises his hand and snap his fingers when Danvers grabs his hand, preventing him from snapping them. He goes to headbutt her but it had no effect on her. Frustrated, he pulls out the Power Stone and punched her all the way across the grounds.

I look over at Strange, who looked a little worried. As the two of us stare at each other, Strange raises one shaky finger at him and I frown a bit but nod as I realize what I have to do. I have to...for Pepper...and my daughters.

Thanos goes to snap his finger but I run up and place my hands over the gauntlet. We struggle for a bit until Thanos backhands me away from him. Thanos looks at the gauntlet then smiles. "I am inevitable." Thanos said and he snaps his fingers.....but nothing happened. 

Thanos turns his hand over to see that there was no stones. He looks over at me to see that I had all of the stones in my gauntlet. I felt the power of the Stones course through my veins but I keep a steady and firm look at Thanos as I glare at him. "And I....am....Iron Man." I said and with that I snap my fingers.

*(y/n)'s POV*

Pete and I were fighting some large creatures when, suddenly, all of the monsters and ships of Thanos's started to disappear. We turn around and watch as his army started to dusting out of this world and I watch in awe at this while Thanos watches in horror.

He looks around as all of his people disappear then he was the last one left. He sits down and looks down at the ground in defeat before he was dusted away. We did it! Oh my God! We did it! I thought as I go to hug Pete and he hugs me back.

I fly over and see Dad sitting down as Uncle Rhodey walks over to him. "Tony." He mutters as I come over to him but my heart drops as I see that the right side of his body was burned up. "Dad? Dad? Can you hear me? It's (y/n)." I said as I kneel down and he slowly moves his head towards me and stares at me. 

"We won. Dad....We won, dad." I said as Pete comes up next to me and sees Dad. "We won and you did it, sir. You did it." Pete said then he and I begin to tear up and cry.

"Daddy...please don't go!" I cried. "Please, don't leave, Daddy! Please Daddy!" I pleaded and Dad slowly raises his hand and placed it on my cheek. I began to sob loudly as Pete said. "I'm sorry...Tony..." and he cries as Pepper comes up to Dad and Pete stands up and turns away but I stay there and close my eyes as tears roll down my face.

"Hey." Pepper said to Dad. "Hey, Pep..." Dad whispers, faintly, as Pepper places her hand on his arc reactor. "Friday?" Pepper asked the AI. "Life functions critical." The AI replied and Pepper frowns then looks up at Dad.

"Tony. Look at me." She said and Dad looks at her. "We're gonna be okay. You can rest now." She said. Dad looks at her for a few seconds before he looks back at me.

"Daddy, I love you. I love you." I sobbed as more tears down my face. His thumb slightly moves to wipe away a tear as he whispers. "Baby...girl..." then the light on his arc reactor goes out and his hand slides off of my face.

I let out a loud cry as I lean my head on his shoulder and cry harder than I ever had in a long time. Pepper cries next to me and I feel Pete's arm around my shoulder as he places his forehead on my shoulder and cries with me.

My Dad, Tony Stark...

The billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist....

A great father....

A mentor.... 

A friend....

A hero....

....was dead.

*3rd Person POV*

As (y/n) continue to cry on her father's shoulder, Clint began to get down on one knee. He bows his head as T'challa and Carol looks over and began to kneel down on one knee as well. Star-Lord kneels down then Nebula while Mantis looks at this in confusion.

Steve stumbles his way down on his knee, since he was stabbed earlier by Thanos. Stephen looks around at everyone as he starts to feel guilty about this. He saw the millions upon millions outcomes but this was the one where they one.

He watches young (y/n) crying on her father's shoulder and he couldn't help but feel sorry and guilty for her. He gets down on one knee as well and bows his head as he hopes that (y/n) will understand that this needed to happen.

Suddenly, everyone else began to kneel down to the man who saved the universe.