Chapter 19: Goodnight

~ Y/N's P.O.V. ~

I called Bruce to get an "ok" for staying at Nolan's house. He said it was fine, but that I should get any ideas and do anything stupid that I would regret.

I knew Bruce was joking, but i still felt offended by the fact that he didn't think of me as responsible enough to make my own decisions.

I told Nolan that it was ok by Bruce and that I would be staying the night.

"You should get some sleep baby . . . I'll join you in a minute, I'm going to get in my Pjs."

Nolan noded taking his pajamas out so he could put them on too.

I went into his bathroom to change, I borrowed one of his shirts and sweatpants as my Pjs. I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes red and puffy. I'm a mess, I want to go home and get some decent sleep, but I've got to stay with Nolan so he doesn't have to worry. Opening the door and sighing, I walk back to the bed where Nolan is already laying.

I lay down beside him, covering up with the warm blanket. I lay on my right side and he on his left, our hands intertwined, and my head on the crook of his neck.

"Goodnight, my love. I love you," Nolan said.

" . . . Goodnight."

And soon we both drift off to sleep.

~

"Y/N, I love you so much," a boy says.

"I-I love you too."

The boy infront of me takes my hand, "no . . . You love HIM, but that's ok. I don't need to be happy. All I care about is you."

I shake my head, "wait! I . . . I do love you . . . I just never wanted to admit it."

The boy looks at me with his green eyes, his smile sincere in every way, his hands so delicate when they touch mine, but his heart . . . Is broken.

"No, you were right all along, were just family . . . Family can't be more than just family."

The boy's hand let go of mine as he walked away, I wanted to go after him, but my feet wouldn't move. He looked back one more time before disappearing into the wind.

~

I open my eyes tears in my eyes, it was a dream . . .

I carefully get up not to wake him up. I put my shoes on and walk into the little balcony he had. I look up at the stars and wonder why I had such a strange dream.

"Why up so late, miss?"

I turn around startled by the sudden voice, only to realize it was Robin, "you nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry madam, I never meant to startle you," he joked, ". . . Are you ok tho? What's wrong?"

I smiled at his sudden concern, "nothing wrong birdie, just had a weird dream, that's all. The real question is why are you here?"

The masked hero shrugged, "I wanted to check on you."

"Awe, how sweet!" I say bumping into him with my shoulder.

">TT< You're soooo funny."

I smile at him and hug him, he hugs back right away. I miss him, I'm glad he's here. I smile as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"I love you."

Damian hugs me tight, "I love you, Y/N"

For a moment I forget about all of my problems, he really is my savior.

"I need to go back in Dami . . ." I say breaking the hug.

He nods, "o-of course! . . . Just - come home soon, I miss you."

I blush . . . Why am I blushing? "Yeah, I will. Goodnight, Dami."

He flashes a smile at me, "sweet dreams, beautiful."

Before I could say anything else, he was gone. I walk back in, Nolan still sleeping. As I lay back down I can't help but smile at the way he had called me "Beautiful". I close my eyes and try to get some of the much needed rest. But even then and in my dreams I'm still think of Damian.