The Light

"Light! We need light in order to banish the darkness!" Someone yelled out from the squabbling, and constant pushing and shoving of the terrified crowd. All of the light fairies quickly rushed to gather sticks and leaves they could use in order to start a fire.

Everybody ran around the remaining parts of the world that hadn't already been consumed by the darkness. When everybody came back with all that they had collected, it had only been enough to make a small fire. They couldn't think about that right now. They just had to make the fire and believe. Although the light fairies were getting burned out, they kept on going.

Soon, the fire was down to it's last flames. Everybody was terrified that it would be the last time they would see the light of day. Everybody was desperate. They started sending people inside the darkness. They never came back out... Soon, Sarah, the human, stepped up and decided that she would take her chance inside of the darkness.

She stepped inside purposefully...

As she was looking around... She could see... Nothing... Nothing at all. It was just... dark. As she looked into the distance, she could see the outline of a small glowing figure. It was... A light fairy?! She rushed over there to see if it was ok. When she got there, she realized that all of the creatures that never came back were hovering around the little light fairy. Sarah ran over to grab them all, and take them back out.

As they returned, everybody was worried sick, for they thought that Sarah and all of the others were lost in the darkness forever. Soon, Abrila came forth from all of the squabbling, and made a decision that would impact everybody.

"I can project a light so powerful, you will all be saved, but it comes with a cost..." Abrila said as she stomped her feet anxiously..

"What?", "Huh??", "Nooo!!!", "Why didn't you do this earlier?!" and so on, were the many replies she got from her remark.

"My mind has been made. I will do this... With or without your consent." Abrila replied.

Soon, a light so blinding projected out into the darkness. All that Sarah could see was the darkness being forcefully pushed backwards. Then, everything went black...