Just When My Life Is Complete

Start from the beginning

Alexa: I'm not sure what's going on, but I saw a message that looked serious.

Tommy: What does it say?

Alexa: Ok, it says..

Rick: Tommy! You need to call me back, I don't want to say it in text.

Tommy: Rick? I've never had a conversation with him.

Alexa: Who is he?

Tommy: One of my distant cousins, he was the only one that my parents didn't cut out if their lives years ago.

Alexa: Well, whatever it is you better call him back.

Tommy: I will, I will. I'm done so just leave my phone.

Lexi put his phone next to his clothes and walked out as the water turned off.

Tommy walked out if the shower and dried off quickly since his phone was still going off.

After a couple minutes, he walked out into the bedroom part of the hotel room where Lexi was and sat on the bed.

He pulled up multiple messages, and most of them read family emergency.

That worried him a little on he had no idea what was going on, and so that's when he decided to hear the voicemail.

Lexi was watching him and he put the phone on speaker mode and heard everything loud and clear.

Rick: Hey Tom, it's been a while. And this isn't how I wanted to reconnect with you. But I have terrible news back in Texas, and its Grandpa. Aunt Allie went over to check on him this morning and.. well.. he passed away in his sleep. I'm sorry kid, but call me? We need to discuss business. Bye Tom..

The message ended and Lexi put her hand up to her mouth as Tommy just stared into the distance.

This was the tragedy with his parents all over again.

He was in pure shock and disbelief as he didn't know what to do, and that's when he came back to reality when Lexi touched his shoulder.

She had walked over from the window and sat next to him, to give him some comfort during this time.

Alexa: I'm so sorry Tom.

Tommy: I..

Alexa: ...

He was just in shock and had no idea what to do but one thing.

Tommy: dials his cousin up* Hey Rick.

That's when Lexi left the room and was very concerned on how he was acting.

Tommy had lost one of his best friends and isn't reacting to it as she thought he would.

So she texted her mom for a bit until she saw her husband walk back into the room.

His face was as white as a ghost, the facial expression he had on really worried Lexi.

That's when he sat in the couch and let it all out.

Tommy was officially broken down and couldn't hold it in any longer.

Lexi quickly walked over to him and sat next to him, wrapping her arms around him as he couldn't stop the emotions.

That made her pretty upset too and didn't help Tommy any longer.

After a while*

Tommy was still sitting on the couch with Lexi with his head in his hands, not knowing what to do.