14.

Saba's POV

"Here comes the hero! " Danish exclaims while pulling himself together and stands up. Zain tears his gaze apart from me and looks at Danish who is standing a few feet away from us. His face is filled with blood, jawline clenched, eyes full of anger while his fist is closed.

"Hands up! " another voice calls out from the door. I look forward and find a police officer pointing a gun towards Danish. Zoya and Fahad also come along with him. The officer throws a shawl over Zain and says, "Give it to her, and take her home. "

"You are under arrest! " the officer points the handcuffs to Danish, tie his hands in them and then drag him outside. Zoya and Fahad also go along with them. Danish looks at me before he leaves the room. His eyes are filled with anger and hatred. My body begins to shiver again and I hide my face once again under Zain's broad chest.

Zain helps me stand up and I hand him his coat, preferring to still put his shirt on. He wraps the shawl around me and we both head outside. As we walk outside the building, I assume that officer has already taken Danish away since he can't be seen anywhere. Zain opens the door of the front seat of his car for me to sit inside. As I do so, he closes it and gets inside the car.

I rest my head on the back and close my eyes, the only thing I can think of is the pain I went through in those twelve hours. My head is all heavy and tired but the reality doesn't let me sleep. I'm glad Zain doesn't ask me any questions because I don't feel like I'm in the position of answering anything right now. We drive home like this, our silence screaming the words we don't want to speak at all.

My mother runs towards me as I get out of the car  as we reach home and pulls me in a tight hug. "Saba!!! " she cries on my shoulder, "Oh,  Saba! My child! My daughter! You're alright,   dear you're alright! " she holds my face in her hands and plants small kisses on my forehead and cheeks. The tears that I've been shedding for hours suddenly seem to disappear. My eyes are now dry and body is as hard as rock.

"Saba,  say something my child! " my mother cries. I open my mouth to say something but no words come out so I shut it again.

"Where are your clothes, Saba? " she asks, her voice shaky and fearful, "and what are these wounds?" she touches my shoulder and looks at my bare wounded feet in confusion.

"He killed me alive, mama! " is all I can say. I sob in her arms and she cries with me too, feeling every inch of my pain.

"What did he do to you, Saba? " my mother asks me. My sobs are the answer.

"Did he....? God forbid, did he...?" Her eyes are now widely open with shock and pain.

That's it. I can't hear it anymore. I don't even have the courage to tell my own mother what he did to me and how? I run into my room and shut the door behind. Resting my back on the door I sit on my knees and hide my face in my hands.

Danish stole my virginity, my self- respect, my youth, my happiness, my everything. 

And I don't think if there's anyway I can get any of those things back.
*****

Zain's POV

Aunt Sarah and my mom sit on the couch, trying to believe the bitter reality of Saba's painful tragedy. I pour some water in a glass and hand it to Aunt Sarah but she refuses to take it. "How could he? He raped her! God forbid, the bastard raped her! How will she ever get over this? How will she ever be the same happy, clumsy Saba again? " she cries while my mother rubs her back, assuring her that everything will soon fall into place.

"Thank you Zeenat and Zain for being with me and finding my daughter." Aunt Sarah says to us with a weak smile. "I think I would like to stay alone for a while. " she adds.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay? " my mother asks her gently.

"I'll survive. " she replies, her tone sad and painful. My mother and I leave Saba's residence and get inside the car.

"How can Saba be so stupid to fall in love with someone ridiculous like Danish? " my mother says in an angry manner after five minutes of silence. "I mean he just did terrible harm to her. She's not small, she's twenty-two year old. Doesn't she know the difference between good and bad? Look how her mother had to suffer because of her! " my mother complains and I role my eyes.

"Mom, she didn't ask for it. " I tell her kindly.

"Whatever. "

"Okay, Relax, Ma! I'm glad we found her atleast. " I try to change the subject. She looks at me with a smile, "Yes! Thanks to you. I'm proud of you Zain. You showed great bravery by putting yourself in danger and rescuing that crazy girl out. "

"Oh mom, it wasn't her fault. " I tell her again and she looks at me with frustration. "Why are you justifying her? What does she mean to you? " she asks.

" Nothing. " I hear myself saying.

Nothing? Really?

After reaching home, I wish my mom goodbye and walk towards my room. I close the door behind and turn on the air conditioner at 16°C. I sit on my bed and close my eyes, trying to figure out the actual feeling of my mind. But it doesn't help a bit so I stand up and take a step in the shower.

The hot water does help to calm my extremely fast heartbeat. I find myself confused in between feeling happy that I finally saved her and feeling sad that she got raped. Tears appear in my eyes and easily get washed away by the hot water. Saba's face appear in my head, her nude body full of bruises and wounds, her desperate cries for help, the way her body shivered next to mine, the way she held me tightly asking me to take her away from there, everything about her is tempting me right now. When she walked away in her room, I wanted to go behind her and hold her close to my heart. I wanted to tell her that everything will be better. Part of me even wanted to kiss her and assure her that she was safe now. But I'm sure she would never feel that way for me or anybody after what just happened to her.

After being done with a shower,  I wrap a towel around myself and walk outside the bathroom. The room is super chilled and the bed is comfy. I put on my trousers and leap straight onto the bed. It takes me a minute or two to fall into a peaceful day sleep.

******

Authors note,

Dear beloved readers, you have no idea how much you guys reading my book means to me. All I request is, kindly press the small star down here after you finish the chapter. It really encourages me to write more. And your helpful feedbacks makes every next update a little bit more better than the previous one.
Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. Have a nice day.