--moonlight; fluff

word count: 1640
fluff
self-requested

Her heart wretched, blood growing cold as her eyes narrow to her ex-husband and an Asian in a flashy red dress. She had asked herself how that manipulative homewrecker had gotten in the large hall in the first place, what with the amount of agents were piled into that room drinking champagne and socializing.

None of them had noticed the familiar-looking traitor in the same room as them, nor did they question why she'd been wearing a mask when last year's ball theme was a masquerade. The two were standing on the large balcony their drink placed on the balcony's ledge as they chatted away. Y/N was also quick to notice how close they were for an 'innocent' conversation. The blush was noticeable on the Asian's cheeks, a smirk clear on her pale face.

Y/N hated it, hated how they looked so perfect together under the clear night sky, hated how the moon probably enhanced Ada's features in ways Leon would find heavenly; although she shouldn't care. Her relationship with Leon is now strictly professional, partners and just partners-although she's avoided talking to him for the entirety of the month.

However, she was the one who left him months ago. But, she still loved him. He'd never asked why she had wanted to break it off with him and she was thankful for that; though, one could guess it was because of the infamous Ada Wong. Though you weren't entirely wrong. Unfortunately for her, they've been partnered up for another mission which would happen in the next few weeks.

A sigh escaped her lips, her hand held a large cup of ginger ale, swirling the liquid around. Her other hand held her head up, propped against the window ledge looking out into the balcony; the place she had planned to go escape to if the ball had been too much. Though she was beaten to it and subjected to the lightly stained glass window with a clear view of the balcony. The balcony he proposed to her in.

She saw Ada leaving, planting a soft kiss on his cheek before she grappled away. The female sighed again, now watching a lonely Leon stand there pulling out his silver flask. He leaned against the balcony's rails. She wanted to head over there and tell him that the rails would break if he kept leaning on them then they would laugh and proceed to make more jokes but she couldn't. The reason why she packed her things and left their shared house in the middle of the night was so she didn't have to see his face. She left him divorce papers and walked out.

The blonde-haired man sighed, turning around to head back inside. The female noticed this and decided to leave too, not wanting to have a conversation with her ex. She walked by the large balcony glass doors, her dress flowing behind her as her heels tap gently on the marble floor. She wondered if the Redfield's had noticed her slip away or even cared with them having quite a few glasses of champagne.

The female walked faster, hearing the soothing sounds of pianos and violins get closer as she takes a step. The large doors were slightly open, wide enough for her to step through. She hands placed softly on the door as she peeked in. The entirety of every anti-bioterrorism agent there was dancing, with or without others they knew. She heard footsteps behind her and a hand placed on her shoulder.

She didn't have to turn around to know whose hand it was. She noticed a shiny gold tint, a ring still placed on his left hand. "You look beautiful," he whispered, his hand now off the female's shoulders. "Thank you," she replied, monotone. She continued to look into the hall, observing the crowd. She hoped that he'd leave her alone; though, she knew how stubborn he was. He cleared his throat, "Can we talk?" he asked. She thought about it; her inner voices conflicting. The girl nodded, hesitantly.

He softly grabbed her hand and pulling her towards him gently. "Here," he says, "I know somewhere private." Their walk was silent, hands still clutching to the other. Leon was ahead of her by afoot as she kept her head down. She was nervous, she wasn't ready to talk to him again. She wondered why she even agreed to go with him.