karina-chan and Karin-chan's Mysterious Rings (part 2)

recap:

"From here on out we should try to do our best for Shii-chan!" I shouted with a smile as I turned to her.

That didn't happen, Karin got worse grades and I got a C-.I hadn't been able to study lately, I was distracted by Shii-chan's death and burial. "I'm such a horrible girl..." Karin muttered as I put my hand on her shoulder, she let out a quiet sort of gasp and turned to me as I smiled and hugged her. She smiled and hugged back, but began to frown as she looked at her grades again.

"Auntie's going to yell at me again if I show her this grade.." Karin muttered as I sighed sadly. "And Shii-chan's not there anymore to cheer either of us on..." "Mom, Dad... Shii-chan..." Suddenly I heard Karin screaming in rage and turned to look at her. "Karin-chan?" "I just remembered that male chauvinistic jerk!" she shouted as my mouth formed an 'o' shape. "Don't worry, next time we see him I'll make him pay!" She said as she bumped into me and let out a gasp mixed with her current tears, while I had felt myself fall into someone. As I opened my eyes I saw a dark haired girl on the ground staring at us.

I let out a gasp at her, she was so pretty! Much like the boy we'd saw yesterday

"I'm so sorry," The girl said as Karin began to panic. "Oh, no, not at all! I should be the one apologizing!" She said as I shook my head. "It was me too! But uh.. are you okay?"

What cute accessories! And she even has make-up too! Wow... 

"Were you two crying?" She asked tilting her head as my eyes widened. "A-Ahh! Umm..." I said as I moved my arms around nervously and began picking her items up to help her as Karin helped me.

As we finished I put her things in her bag and held it out to her. "Here you go!" I smiled as she giggled and grabbed it. "Thank you" The girl smiled as I giggled. She's so cute! I'm even a little jealous..

"You really have a lot of cute accessories and make-up. Where'd you buy them?" Karin-chan asked. As the girl brought her hand up to her mouth with a closed eye smile. "Ah... did I ask something weird?" Karin asked as she immediately turned around. 

"Would you two like to try some on?" She asked as she took what looked like make-up out of her bag. My eyes widened as I put my hands up again. "She didn't ask with any ulterior motive like that!" "I swear I didn't!"

"You both shouldn't leave your faces stained with tears like that when you're two are so cute" "Even if you flatter us, we can't give you anything in return!" Karin explained to her. "Don't worry about it. You both are cute, so let me" The girl said as Karin screamed as if she was going to hurt us.

Karin had two cute hair ties in her hair making pigtails, while the girl put my hair into these sort of space buns, but a lot cuter than a space bun. Along with the hairstyle she gave me some fruit barrettes much like Karin's. (the peach ones)

"You two look wonderful!" She smiled as I furrowed my brows

"You two look wonderful!" She smiled as I furrowed my brows. "I'm Kujyou Himeka," She said as I smiled and stuck out my hand while we did a handshake. "I'm Karina, and this is my sister Karin!" I giggled as Karin smiled. "It's so nice to meet you!" Karin said.

"This is the first time anyone's done something like that for us because neither of our parents is here anymore..." Karin explained to Himeka as her eyes widened. "What? Really?" Himeka said shocked. "Yeah. Look at these" Karin-chan said as she grabbed my ring finger and stuck my finger out while she did the same with hers. "Ah, what pretty rings!

"Our pet, Shii-chan, just died, so all we have left from our parents are these rings, a memento of our mother" Karin finished. "Is that so?" Himeka-chan asked as she looked at us. "Yeah" "I also don't have parents anymore," Himeka said calmly as our eyes widened. "What?" Karin-chan asked. "Which is why I'm living at my cousin's house. We're like three of a kind, right? Himeka asked smiling.

So Himeka-chan is just like us?... And yet she's so sweet and cute?

Karin put her head down as I frowned at her actions. She looked in thought. "What's wrong?" Himeka asked her. "It's nothing..." Karin mumbled. Himeka immediately jumped up and pointed behind us. "Ah, it's Kazune-chan!"She said with a smile as Karin let out a scream. I frowned and looked as I saw the boy from before, the one who looked like he came out of a fairytale. He had the same look on his face until he saw us and had a look of surprise. 

"Karina-chan, Karin-chan, this boy is my cousin, Kujyou Kazune-chan" Himeka said as she ran over to him and put her hands on his shoulder. "Kazune-chan, this is Karina-chan and Karin-chan" She introduced us as I looked down.